2004-12-14 14:31:20

by Wartan Hachaturow

Subject: [Bluez-devel] HSP and audio -- "right thing" to look at?

Hello.

First of all, thanks for a great job.

Second, a question.
As far as I see, most development on audio transmission is happening
at bluetooth-alsa, which is a separate project from bluez (right?).
Having read the mailing list, I didn't quite understand the
development direction that bluez would like to follow "mainstream"
implementing audio and headset profiles, and if things now being
implemented by bluetooth-alsa are "Right Way".

I would be really thankful if someone would summarize the TODOs for
bluez on that matter (like what should be a kernel module, what should
be a userland application, what is good about current snd_bt_sco, and
what is bad), so that I could prepare myself for development on those
subjects in a more "clever" way -- since now I'm pretty lost in the
code and ideas..

--
Thanks in advance, Wartan.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] HSP and audio -- "right thing" to look at?

Hi Wartan,

> As far as I see, most development on audio transmission is happening
> at bluetooth-alsa, which is a separate project from bluez (right?).
> Having read the mailing list, I didn't quite understand the
> development direction that bluez would like to follow "mainstream"
> implementing audio and headset profiles, and if things now being
> implemented by bluetooth-alsa are "Right Way".

the Bluetooth-ALSA project is somekind of spin-off to play with headset,
handsfree and advanced audio support that is actually to experimental to
merge it back into BlueZ mainline. However it will be merged back when
it is more stable and the best solution is found. Besides the different
website and their CVS, the bluez-devel mailing list is used for the
discussion.

Regards

Marcel