2007-01-28 15:15:39

by Choi Sonim

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hciattach <--> hcid

hello all,

when I do hciattach, i see that hcid automatically add the new device,
and when i send -SIGTERM to hciattach, i see that hcid removed the device.

how does hcid knows about all these changes ?
where is the communication ?

thank you all
choi

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] hciattach <--> hcid

Hi Choi,

> > > when I do hciattach, i see that hcid automatically add the new device,
> > > and when i send -SIGTERM to hciattach, i see that hcid removed the device.
> > > how does hcid knows about all these changes ?
> > > where is the communication ?
> >
> > the kernel will tell hcid when a new host adapter has been attached or
> > removed from the system.
>
> can you please point me to the code which takes care of that ?

it is in hcid/main.c:device_event().

Regards

Marcel

by Choi Sonim

hi Marcel,

On 1/28/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > when I do hciattach, i see that hcid automatically add the new device,
> > and when i send -SIGTERM to hciattach, i see that hcid removed the device.
> > how does hcid knows about all these changes ?
> > where is the communication ?
>
> the kernel will tell hcid when a new host adapter has been attached or
> removed from the system.

can you please point me to the code which takes care of that ?

thank you
choi

> Regards
>
> Marcel