2007-02-18 12:25:34

by Choi Sonim

Subject: [Bluez-devel] immediate unsolicited disconnect after hcitool cc

hi list,

after I do "hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" I have a connection
I can see with "hcitool con" but after one or two seconds I can
see in hcidump that an HCI disconnect command is sent and
the connection is disconnected.

who sends this disconnect ? why is that ?

thanks alot
choi

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Choi,

> > > after I do "hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" I have a connection
> > > I can see with "hcitool con" but after one or two seconds I can
> > > see in hcidump that an HCI disconnect command is sent and
> > > the connection is disconnected.
> >
> > don't use this command for piconet creation. Use higher layer like L2CAP
> > and RFCOMM. The kernel will create the needed ACL link for you and take
> > fully care of it.
>
> are there command line utilities I can use to test file transfers
> (like in OPP or FTP) ?

the obex CVS repository of BlueZ contains btobex and btftp command line
utilities.

Regards

Marcel

by Choi Sonim

hi Marcel,

On 2/18/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Choi,
>
> > after I do "hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" I have a connection
> > I can see with "hcitool con" but after one or two seconds I can
> > see in hcidump that an HCI disconnect command is sent and
> > the connection is disconnected.
>
> don't use this command for piconet creation. Use higher layer like L2CAP
> and RFCOMM. The kernel will create the needed ACL link for you and take
> fully care of it.

are there command line utilities I can use to test file transfers
(like in OPP or FTP) ?

thank you very very much for the help
choi

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Choi,

> after I do "hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" I have a connection
> I can see with "hcitool con" but after one or two seconds I can
> see in hcidump that an HCI disconnect command is sent and
> the connection is disconnected.

don't use this command for piconet creation. Use higher layer like L2CAP
and RFCOMM. The kernel will create the needed ACL link for you and take
fully care of it.

Regards

Marcel

by Yuchih Liu

Hi Marcel,

On 2/18/07, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@ho...> wrote:
> Hi Choi,
>
> > after I do "hcitool cc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" I have a connection
> > I can see with "hcitool con" but after one or two seconds I can
> > see in hcidump that an HCI disconnect command is sent and
> > the connection is disconnected.
>
> don't use this command for piconet creation. Use higher layer like L2CAP
> and RFCOMM. The kernel will create the needed ACL link for you and take
> fully care of it.

I am doing some experience on the HCI level.
Is there any HCI command i could use to maintain connection for a while?
I have tried "Write Link Supervision Timeout Command", but not work.
Shall i do something like unpark and then park the slavers?

Thanks very much for your help,

Yuchih

Attachments:
(No filename) (767.00 B)