2007-08-20 14:44:41

by robert

Subject: [Bluez-devel] handsfree profile

hello bluez-devel,

i am developing an implementation of the handsfree profile (The
Handsfree side rather than the Audio Gateway). So far I have
traction in every area except for SCO connections.

What exactly does bluez-alsa project do? I am a little unclear about
what is an alsa driver, and what part is a daemon. How would I get
data from the cell phone to the speakers, and data from the
microphone back to cell phone? From everything I have read it
appears to be the Audio Gateway portion of the handsfree profile, but
after playing around with it, I am not sue.

thanks for any help,
robert

cadvium.net
an open source car stero

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] handsfree profile

Hi Robert,

> i am developing an implementation of the handsfree profile (The
> Handsfree side rather than the Audio Gateway). So far I have
> traction in every area except for SCO connections.
>
> What exactly does bluez-alsa project do? I am a little unclear about
> what is an alsa driver, and what part is a daemon. How would I get
> data from the cell phone to the speakers, and data from the
> microphone back to cell phone? From everything I have read it
> appears to be the Audio Gateway portion of the handsfree profile, but
> after playing around with it, I am not sue.

the main focus will be Handsfree audio gateway. For the Handsfree device
part I don't know when we will support it. We might do it at some point,
but it certainly has not high priority.

Regards

Marcel