2007-11-26 20:49:12

by Fabrizio Guglielmino

Subject: [Bluez-devel] (no subject)

Hi all,
I made a simple software to send small pictures to all bluetooth
devices in range (it's used by a museum ).
This software is made in C using bluez api, I've used two bluetooth
dongles : one to make periodic inquiry (not with HCI periodic inquiry
command by with a loop) and the other to make sdp query looking for
obex push service and sending image.
My requirement was to use this software in some embedded linux based
computer so I chose to limit external library, I made all using
pthread so there is an infinite thread for inquiries and one thread
to handle every sdp query and relative connection when devices are
discovered. I've discarded also using python or other scripting
languages for the platfom limitations.

All works but I found it not so efficient, also with 6/7 devices it's
really slow to identify and connect to devices, some times connection
are unexpectedly closed and so on....

Is it my approch to the problem wrong or bluetooth protocol is not
suitable for this type of use?

I'm using libs version 3.7-1 (on debian 4.0)

Many thanks
Fabrizio