2007-04-05 14:14:15

by Allyn, Mark A

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Plugz and btsco

Folks:

I want to make sure, if I use the plugz (with headsetd and a2dpd), I do
not need to
have the btsco daemon nor the snd_bt_sco device. Is that correct?

I am attempting to use skype with a bluetooth headset. I am not seeing
the device
in the menu on skype.

I tried using alsa's aplay, but I am getting an error saying:
'channels count non available'.

I tried googling, but the only emails I see are from those who have
installed btsco as well as plugz.

This is why I am a little confused.

I don't want to use btsco because there seems to be problems with the
kernel driver
snd-bt-sco with the 1.0.14rc3 series of alsa drivers (kernel oopses).

Has anyone sucessfuly used skype with plugz and headsetd / a2dpd without
either the
btsco daemon or the snd-bt-sco kernel driver?

Thank you

Mark Allyn

by Marc Haber

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Plugz and btsco

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 07:14:15AM -0700, Allyn, Mark A wrote:
> I want to make sure, if I use the plugz (with headsetd and a2dpd), I do
> not need to
> have the btsco daemon nor the snd_bt_sco device. Is that correct?
>
> I am attempting to use skype with a bluetooth headset. I am not seeing
> the device
> in the menu on skype.
>
> I tried using alsa's aplay, but I am getting an error saying:
> 'channels count non available'.

Pardon me for jumping in: My headset does not yet work ("ALSA lib
pcm_sco.c:277:(sco_headset_hw_params) Unable to set number of SCO
buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !" while running kernel 2.6.20.7,
but my system does not crash even if I do not have the SCO flow
control patch applied.

Can this "Unable to set number of SCO buffers" error be related to
having an unpatched kernel?

Greetings
Marc

by Brad Midgley

Mark

> I want to make sure, if I use the plugz (with headsetd and a2dpd), I do
> not need to
> have the btsco daemon nor the snd_bt_sco device. Is that correct?

it is correct that you don't need them

> I am attempting to use skype with a bluetooth headset. I am not seeing
> the device
> in the menu on skype.

it will not appear in the list. you have to type in the dev name or
close skype and edit the config file

> I tried using alsa's aplay, but I am getting an error saying:
> 'channels count non available'.

what command line? what does .asoundrc look like?

brad