2006-09-06 10:28:41

by Javier Cuesta

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Starting to work with bluez

HI all, =

Here, at pindiatec, we are going to start to develop some aplications using =

linux and therefore bluez for bluetooth devices, im still gathering info on =

how to do things and would like to know where i can get aditional informati=
on =

about how to use bluez, any information or advice is wellcome but i have so=
me =

concerns:

- =BFis there any special documentation about the .h and .c libraries? mayb=
e =

some short of short explanation of what its suposed to do each function and =

what their parameters means.

- =BFis there any place i can get some short examples to start working with?

- I took a look over Marcel web (wich seems quite nice) and although i didn=
't =

checked all links it seems it was more focused in how to connect devices th=
an =

how to program devices, as you could supose im more interesting in programi=
ng =

than in any other thing, any information, web, example or manual about how =
to =

program devices using Bluez would be great.

Thanks all.

(this is the 3rd time i sent this, both last tryes returned with an error, =

hope tou dont recive this severall times)
-- =

Javier Cuesta Ca=F1as

PINDIATEC SL
Cemcam Of. 114
Pg. Trascueto s/n
39600 Camargo -Cantabria- Espa=F1a
Tel. +34 942059901 =A0 =A0 =A0Fax: +34 942059902
email: [email protected]

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Starting to work with bluez

Hi Javier,

> Albert Huang's Web is helping me a lot but i still have some problems, Im
> trying to writte some simple code, just for starting to work with bluez, and
> im findin some problems ussing the libraries, for example:
>
> Im trying to writte the class of device using hci_write_class_of_dev(int dd,
> uint32_t cls, int to) im having problems ussing the libraries becouse i have
> found no documentation about what "dd" and "to" means(whats suposed to be
> sent to those variables and maybe whats that for).
>
> Im more interested in fidnding a documentation about the libraries themselfs
> so i can solve the problems that ill find in the future by my own than in
> knowing what those variables means.

take a look at the D-Bus API for BlueZ and start using this one. I has
easy methods for all daily tasks.

Regards

Marcel

by Javier Cuesta

HI jeff and thanks for your answer,

Albert Huang's Web is helping me a lot but i still have some problems, Im =

trying to writte some simple code, just for starting to work with bluez, an=
d =

im findin some problems ussing the libraries, for example:

Im trying to writte the class of device using hci_write_class_of_dev(int dd=
, =

uint32_t cls, int to) im having problems ussing the libraries becouse i hav=
e =

found no documentation about what "dd" and "to" means(whats suposed to be =

sent to those variables and maybe whats that for).

Im more interested in fidnding a documentation about the libraries themself=
s =

so i can solve the problems that ill find in the future by my own than in =

knowing what those variables means.

Thanks for your help again.

Javier

P.S.: im having problems sending mails to the list, i have to send each mai=
l =

3/4 times becouse all of them return to me with an error, hope they are =

really not reaching you, =BFanyone knows what could be wrong?

El Mi=E9rcoles, 6 de Septiembre de 2006 14:01, Jeff Wilson escribi=F3:
> Albert Huang's work helped me to get started.
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/
>
> After you read Albert's site, download bluez-utils (rctool, sdptool,
> etc) and use it as an example.
>
> Regards,
> Jeff
>
> On 9/6/06, Javier Cuesta <[email protected]> wrote:
> > HI all,
> >
> > Here, at pindiatec, we are going to start to develop some aplications
> > using linux and therefore bluez for bluetooth devices, im still gatheri=
ng
> > info on how to do things and would like to know where i can get adition=
al
> > information about how to use bluez, any information or advice is wellco=
me
> > but i have some concerns:
> >
> > - =BFis there any special documentation about the .h and .c libraries?
> > maybe some short of short explanation of what its suposed to do each
> > function and what their parameters means.
> >
> > - =BFis there any place i can get some short examples to start working
> > with?
> >
> > - I took a look over Marcel web (wich seems quite nice) and although i
> > didn't checked all links it seems it was more focused in how to connect
> > devices than how to program devices, as you could supose im more
> > interesting in programing than in any other thing, any information, web,
> > example or manual about how to program devices using Bluez would be
> > great.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > (this is the 3rd time i sent this, both last tryes returned with an
> > error, hope tou dont recive this severall times)
> > --
> > ******************************************************
> > Javier Cuesta Ca=F1as
> >
> > PINDIATEC SL
> > Cemcam Of. 114
> > Pg. Trascueto s/n
> > 39600 Camargo -Cantabria- Espa=F1a
> > Tel. +34 942059901 Fax: +34 942059902
> > email: [email protected]
> > ******************************************************
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--
> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, securit=
y?
> > easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
> > Geronimo
> > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

-- =

Javier Cuesta Ca=F1as

PINDIATEC SL
Cemcam Of. 114
Pg. Trascueto s/n
39600 Camargo -Cantabria- Espa=F1a
Tel. +34 942059901 =A0 =A0 =A0Fax: +34 942059902
email: [email protected]

by Jeff Wilson