2005-05-25 17:16:02

by Nuno Gomes

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Raw Sockets

Hello,
I'm writting from Portugal and I'm developing an application with
bluez. This application's objective is to develop an program to
receive data from several bluetooth devices and create a Data Base
with that information. I need to use Raw Sockets, so I can create
specific headers for the bluetooth packets.
=20
Rigth now I'm having some problems using this raw sockets... So, I
have some questions...
1 - How can I capture bluetooth packets using Raw Sockets?
I'm declaring sockets like this: socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, BTPROTO=
_HCI)
Should it be diferent???
2 - What kind of structure do I need to use to manage the packets (in
sockets tcp/ip we use specific structures to receive/send packets with
the libpcap)
3 - Can I use read and write structures to send and receive the packets??
=20
Thats all for now...=20
Thank You all for the help...

--=20
Nuno Miguel Gomes
Has just sent you an E-mail!!!

by Nuno Gomes

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Raw Sockets

Sorry;
I thought the original messenge didn't reach you...
Thank you for the help.
And sorry once more.

--=20
Nuno Miguel Gomes
Has just sent you an E-mail!!!

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nuno,

> I'm writting from Portugal and I'm developing an application with
> bluez. This application's objective is to develop an program to
> receive data from several bluetooth devices and create a Data Base
> with that information. I need to use Raw Sockets, so I can create
> specific headers for the bluetooth packets.
>
> Rigth now I'm having some problems using this raw sockets... So, I
> have some questions...
> 1 - How can I capture bluetooth packets using Raw Sockets?
> I'm declaring sockets like this: socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, BTPROTO_HCI)
> Should it be diferent???
> 2 - What kind of structure do I need to use to manage the packets (in
> sockets tcp/ip we use specific structures to receive/send packets with
> the libpcap)
> 3 - Can I use read and write structures to send and receive the packets??

why do you resend your question? I already answered your first one.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nuno,

> I'm writting from Portugal and I'm developing an application with
> bluez. This application's objective is to develop an program to
> receive data from several bluetooth devices and create a Data Base
> with that information. I need to use Raw Sockets, so I can create
> specific headers for the bluetooth packets.
>
> Rigth now I'm having some problems using this raw sockets... So, I
> have some questions...
> 1 - How can I capture bluetooth packets using Raw Sockets?
> 2 - What kind of structure do I need to use to manage the packets (in
> sockets tcp/ip we use specific structures to receive/send packets)
> 3 - Can I capture all the packets or just the packets sent to my
> bluetooth device??

what makes you think that you need raw sockets. I don't see any need for
it. Write a client/server application that communicates over L2CAP or
RFCOMM.

Regards

Marcel