2007-04-22 06:52:11

by John Frankish

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Unable to set number of SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !

Hi,

Apologies for jumping onto the end of this thread but I joined the
mailing list a few days after the initial message.

> ALSA lib pcm_sco.c:273:(sco_headset_hw_params) Unable to set number of
> SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !

I have exactly the same error on a machine using DSL-N (2.6.12) and a
Sonyericsson HBH-610 Bluetooth headset - the same setup works fine
with DSL (2.4.26) and bluezsco.

I can compile plugz without problems using:

cvs
-d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa
login
cvs
-d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa
co plugz
cd plugz
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

But what cvs command is meant by "cvs update your plugz to head and
it should work"?

Thanks
John

by John Frankish

Brad,

Whilst it's reasonably difficult to move to a newer kernel in DSL-N,
the main reason for making plugz work on this kernel is that I can
then make it available as a DSL-N extension for many others to use.

I tried the diff2 patch on my kernel - it ran with about 5 failures,
4 of which I added manually. After reboot, I had the same SCO buffers
error message. I wonder - does plugz need a certain version revision
of bluez-utils or will it work with any version? I am using
bluez-utils 2.15 as I cannot make the "pin" part of things work on
DSL-N with later versions.

Where would Fabien have put the earlier SCO patch?

Thanks
John

At 17:45 24-04-07, you wrote:
>John
>
> > The earliest patch in the cvs is v2.0 for 2.6.18-mh7 - given that I
> > have 2.6.12 (DSL-N is like Knoppix, you cannot easily update the
> > kernel), is there a patch archive somewhere with a patch closer to my
> > kernel or do I need to try and apply the patch "manually"?
>
>Fabien may have submitted an early patch that is closer to your kernel
>but rather than backport or dig in the archives I suggest you consider
>trying a newer kernel.
>
>Brad

by Brad Midgley

John

> The earliest patch in the cvs is v2.0 for 2.6.18-mh7 - given that I
> have 2.6.12 (DSL-N is like Knoppix, you cannot easily update the
> kernel), is there a patch archive somewhere with a patch closer to my
> kernel or do I need to try and apply the patch "manually"?

Fabien may have submitted an early patch that is closer to your kernel
but rather than backport or dig in the archives I suggest you consider
trying a newer kernel.

Brad

by John Frankish

Brad,

Thanks - I guess I was fooled by the "upgrade your plugz to head"
part of the phrase. I deleted my plugz download directory and
recompiled it from the latest cvs with the same results.

At 20:50 22-04-07, you wrote:
>John
>
> > I can compile plugz without problems
>
>if you just checked plugz out, then that's equivalent to an old checkout
>that you updated with "cvs update -d"
>
>in your case you need the kernel patch under plugz/patches
>
>brad

by Brad Midgley

John