2006-09-02 15:46:46

by Hentai Pantsu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hid2hic among others fails to build in bluez-utils-3.4

That's right, it doesn't build.

My configure:
./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/lib --enable-glib
--enable-obex --enable-fuse --enable-alsa --enable-test --enable-cups
--enable-initscripts --enable-bccmd --enable-avctrl --enable-hid2hci
--enable-dfutool

A bit of output from that configure (it succedes so i guess it's ok):
checking for BLUEZ... yes
checking for DBUS... yes
checking for GLIB... no
checking for OPENOBEX... no
checking for FUSE... no
checking for ALSA... yes
checking for USB... yes
checking for usb_get_busses in -lusb... yes
checking for usb_interrupt_read in -lusb... yes

A bit of the Makefile in ./tools, generated by configure:
#am__EXEEXT_4 = hid2hci$(EXEEXT)
HID2HCI_TRUE = #
hid2hci_programs =
#hid2hci_programs = hid2hci
hid2hci_manfiles =
#hid2hci_manfiles = hid2hci.8
It seems the "#" are missplaced!

When typing "make all | grep hid2" it doesn't print anything.

The bluez-utils tarball compiles and installs, among others, hidd.

What's wrong with this? :(

I'm using Debian unstable (their package is version 3.1, that's why i
have to install bluez from scratch)

Thanks!

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> That's right, it doesn't build.
>
> My configure:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/lib --enable-glib
> --enable-obex --enable-fuse --enable-alsa --enable-test --enable-cups
> --enable-initscripts --enable-bccmd --enable-avctrl --enable-hid2hci
> --enable-dfutool
>
> A bit of output from that configure (it succedes so i guess it's ok):
> checking for BLUEZ... yes
> checking for DBUS... yes
> checking for GLIB... no
> checking for OPENOBEX... no
> checking for FUSE... no
> checking for ALSA... yes
> checking for USB... yes
> checking for usb_get_busses in -lusb... yes
> checking for usb_interrupt_read in -lusb... yes
>

> A bit of the Makefile in ./tools, generated by configure:
> #am__EXEEXT_4 = hid2hci$(EXEEXT)
> HID2HCI_TRUE = #
> hid2hci_programs =
> #hid2hci_programs = hid2hci
> hid2hci_manfiles =
> #hid2hci_manfiles = hid2hci.8
> It seems the "#" are missplaced!
>
> When typing "make all | grep hid2" it doesn't print anything.
>
> The bluez-utils tarball compiles and installs, among others, hidd.
>

> What's wrong with this? :(

no idea. It works fine for me.

> I'm using Debian unstable (their package is version 3.1, that's why i
> have to install bluez from scratch)

Tell them to update their packages. The 3.1 version has too many bugs
anyway.

Regards

Marcel