2006-02-12 08:41:51

by Arpit Rai

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Can't discover device

Hi

I'm running two computers on Fedora Core 4. Both have one USB bluetooth
adaptor connected to them.

The problem is from one computer if I do a hcitool scan, I can see the other
computer but from the other computer, if I do a hcitool scan I don't see
anything.

Any idea on what could be wrong here?

Regards
Arpit

Attachments:
(No filename) (318.00 B)
(No filename) (359.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Can't discover device

Hi Arpit,

> That fixed the problem. But its funny, coz everytime I restart the
> computer I have to run piscan.Hmm.

I've seen this race conditions with some dongles, but not with all of
them and it seems the HCI flow control is broken on these. However I
never fully investigated why this happens.

Regards

Marcel

by Arpit Rai

Hi Marcel

On 2/12/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Arpit,
>
> > The computer that cannot be discovered does NOT have ISCAN and PSCAN
> > running. I checked hcid.conf, its set to enable. How do I make sure
> > its running?
>
> call "hciconfig hci0 piscan" and make sure that hcid is running.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (997.00 B)
(No filename) (1.58 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arpit,

> The computer that cannot be discovered does NOT have ISCAN and PSCAN
> running. I checked hcid.conf, its set to enable. How do I make sure
> its running?

call "hciconfig hci0 piscan" and make sure that hcid is running.

Regards

Marcel

by Arpit Rai

Hi Marcel

The computer that cannot be discovered does NOT have ISCAN and PSCAN
running. I checked hcid.conf, its set to enable. How do I make sure its
running?

Regards
Arpit

On 2/12/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Arpit,
>
> > I'm running two computers on Fedora Core 4. Both have one USB
> > bluetooth adaptor connected to them.
> >
> > The problem is from one computer if I do a hcitool scan, I can see the
> > other computer but from the other computer, if I do a hcitool scan I
> > don't see anything.
> >
> > Any idea on what could be wrong here?
>
> check if PSCAN (page scan) and ISCAN (inquiry scan) is activated on both
> sides.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.20 kB)