2005-09-29 15:45:49

by Anderson Briglia

Subject: [Bluez-devel] snd-bt-sco on an UART bluetooth device

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the snd-bt-sco driver and btsco application (both
for using a bluetooth headset). When I used a usb bluetooth dongle,
everything was ok. But, when I use the bluetooh on-board (UART type),
the sound on bluetooth headset is very bad and I can't hear anything,
just noise.
I tryed to change the ACL MTU and SCO MTU to be the same on the UART
bluetooth and usb bluetooth, but I got the same problem with the sound
on bt headset.
I'm using a btsco version 0.4. And this is the output from a hciconfig
command typed on the device:

hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:12:37:20:BF:F0 ACL MTU: 339:6 SCO MTU: 180:4
UP RUNNING
RX bytes:562 acl:0 sco:0 events:15 errors:0
TX bytes:10150 acl:0 sco:0 commands:14 errors:0

Somebody can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Anderson

by Dimitry Andric

On 2005-09-29 at 17:45:49 Anderson Briglia wrote:

> But, when I use the bluetooh on-board (UART type), the sound on
> bluetooth headset is very bad and I can't hear anything, just noise.

At what speed are you running this UART?

Attachments:
(No filename) (183.00 B)

2005-09-29 15:58:05

by Brad Midgley

Anderson

> for using a bluetooth headset). When I used a usb bluetooth dongle,
> everything was ok. But, when I use the bluetooh on-board (UART type),
> the sound on bluetooth headset is very bad and I can't hear anything,
> just noise.

I remember seeing someone else talk about this problem. It should work
as long as the bluetooth adapter is still made by CSR. If it is a CSR
chip then maybe there's a problem in the kernel driver.

Brad