2007-02-13 22:25:29

by Mike Hodson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] RE : Successes and failures with btsco/bluez respectively

On 2/13/07, Fr=E9d=E9ric DALLEAU <[email protected]> wrot=
e:

> I just updated the daemon from plugz as traces were disabled at compile
> time in release! Please use this one now to give us traces.

Ok. I'll muck with this in a little while. :)

> Just retried 1.2.10 tarball released from site with latest plugin. Also
> ubuntu xmms (also stated as 1.2.10 don't work)
> Note the tarball do not build first time, I had to remove the static
> keyword at the file/line mentionned.

> Mplayer video is slow with older plugin. The newer have corrected this
> but the sound is broken with video (it's ok for music only). I'm looking.
> The same : i got the tarball on the site.
Yes, I did notice that music itself was just fine.

> Probably pairing. Sometimes I have these and I can't reconnect at all. I
> usually do the following sudo rm -rf /var/lib/bluetooth. Then I pair the
> device again.

One specific question with regards to pairing:
Which daemons / gnome panel plugins / apps need to be running at the
time of pairing, and what is the most successful way to do this? I
was only able to get a connection at all when i had the
bluetooth-applet running in my notification area. However, this
applet (v0.6) seems to crash a lot, especially last night when I was
trying unsuccessfully to connect my headset.

Mike

by Frédéric Dalleau

On 2/13/07, Frederic Dalleau <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, thank you for reports.

You're welcome. :) I'm glad to help, as I just literally 2 days ago
decided I wanted to try and make this work, as I am on vacation from
work for 1wk with nothing else to do.

> When did you do all that? Latest submit was last friday.
Yesterday, monday, 13feb.

> > i ofcourse tried xmms.
> Which version? Can you try 1.2.10?
Specifically 1.2.10-cvs, as of about 2 months ago from their cvs servers.
This does work perfectly well with btsco-0.5's a2dpd-daemon/a2dpd pcm.
I can try the release tarball if you'd like.

> > After a while, i decided to try mplayer, vlc, and even audacious.
> Which version? Can you try 1.0rc1?
I tried the version that gentoo portage decided to install, which
apparently is 1.0rc1 with a few tweaks. Im unsure which tweaks, but i
know SVN does not properly work the last I tried about a week ago,
else i would have used that.
mplayer always outputs sound, video is a different question.

With the newest a2dpd, this mplayer always outputs, either plugin, but
video is another story. Audio works fine, video lags sloooowly. VLC
worked fine either way, ofcourse, newer plugz skips a lot, but
btsco-0.5 has been playing a tivoed episode of CSI for the last 10
mins without a problem, just the ~200ms audio lag or so that I'm
unsure how to correct for in VLC.

> > Then i read that there was a newer plugin, a2dpd2.
> Should be broken I will remove it.
Noted.

> > btsco-0.5 from sf.net.
> Should work well, but would be better fix plugz a2dpd.
Yes, this release works good for audio sending.

> > What do you think is happening with plugz / alsa plugins that cause
> > the errors I have listed?
> Bad luck!
I always seem to get this! especially when I want something to work
really badly :)

> > Also, one thing I have noticed about my headset: The avrcp controls
> > seem to be sent twice when I press the joystick buttons. Hitting the
> Press and release.
I'm unsure of this, as I have tried holding the button for a few
seconds, and even the first slight press gives 2 commands. This
however, is ONLY for the shared play/pause, as the buttons for
forward/back are indeed press and release triggered.

> > However, stopping the playback (ctrl-c on say, mplayer) only causes
> > the headset to emit 1 avrcp_stop command.
> The headset should not send command if you stop from the computer. is it avrcp_stop or AVDTP_STOP?
Let me make sure... ctrl-c on mplayer / kill -9 vlc (them and their
ctrl-c catching...blah)

A2DPD[487.288]: a2dpd_signal_state: Disconnected
A2DPD[488.255]: a2dpd_signal_command: avrcp_stop

> set your plugin as this :
> pcm.a2dpd {
> type a2dpd
> debug 1
> }
> Then give us full player log, and a2dpd log. Use plugz latest cvs.

Well, I was in the process of doing this, and now, neither version of
a2dpd wish to connect with my headset at all. It just sits at
'connecting' ... nomatter what im trying. vlc/mplayer/xmms, new/old,
a2play/pcm.a2dpd, it is refusing to connect anymore... I even rebooted
to no avail.. did i somehow wear out my headset?!?

DEBUG: a2dp_new: 00:14:CF:03:37:DC, 44100
DEBUG: detect_a2dp: Found A2DP Sink
DEBUG: connect_stream: Found A2DP Sink at the destination (psm_cmd=25)
DEBUG: do_connect: (errno=111:Connection refused)Can't connect to
DC:37:03:CF:14:00 on psm 25.
DEBUG: connect_stream: cannot open psm_cmd = 25
DEBUG: a2dp_new: Can't connect
DEBUG: a2dp_free
This is from btsco-0.5 a2play ...