2007-01-02 07:31:42

by Kelvin Xu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Error Compiling Bluez-Util

Dear all,

When i was trying to compile Bluez-Util 3.7 in a scratchbox environment, i
ran into the following errors:
In function 'uart_speed'
hciattach.c:106: error:'B230400' undeclared (first use in this function)
hciattach.c:108: error:'B460800' undeclared (first use in this function)
..
..
..
etc

May i know whether i have missed out on any header files or any linking
problems
I am trying to a arm target board.

Regards,
Kelvin

Get an advanced look at the new version of Windows Live Messenger.
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Error Compiling Bluez-Util

Hi,

> May i know what is hciattach.c used for?

it is needed for attaching serial port based Bluetooth chip to the
system. It basically initializes the chip and attaches the UART line
discipline.

> The function uart_speed() returns an int however B230400 are not. i guess
> there are some files which declared them as integers.

They are actually simple constants for the UART speed. Don't ask me why
especially some of them are not defined for your system.

Regards

Marcel

by Kelvin Xu

Hi,

May i know what is hciattach.c used for?

The function uart_speed() returns an int however B230400 are not. i guess
there are some files which declared them as integers.

Regards,
Kelvin

>From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
>To: BlueZ development <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Error Compiling Bluez-Util
>Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:11:25 +0100
>
>Hi Kelvin,
>
> > When i was trying to compile Bluez-Util 3.7 in a scratchbox environment,
> > ran into the following errors:
> > In function 'uart_speed'
> > hciattach.c:106: error:'B230400' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > hciattach.c:108: error:'B460800' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > ..
> > ..
> > ..
> > etc
> >
> > May i know whether i have missed out on any header files or any linking
> > problems
> > I am trying to a arm target board.
>
>I have no idea, but this error shouldn't happen. Do you actually need
>hciattach? If not, then you can disable its compilation or simple
>comment out these lines.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Get MSN Messenger emoticons and display pictures here!
http://ilovemessenger.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Kelvin,