2007-01-03 20:22:43

by magon

Subject: [Bluez-devel] BCM2035 over UART on Palm T|T3

Hi all,
It happend that I have Palm T|T3 and hack linux for it(don't ask how).
This gadget have Broadcom's BCM2035 connected over UART
interface and PXA261 CPU.
The biggest problem is, that I haven't managed to get even single byte
from it. And I am shure it is on UART I am trying(when i disable
it in Palm OS BT stops working).
My plan was to kick off Palm OS and just before booting linux
start to talk to BT. I have copied get version command from
hciattach to end of bootloader(Garux). Than enabled BT in Palm
OS, and executed bootloader and it simple doesn't return single
byte.

My question is, do I need to send any special character(like
break) or something else, UART should be properly configured
from Palm OS. And what should be proper testing command to send
to get response.

And also if anyone have seen that chip's wiring, are there any
other wires that should be connected to CPU and I should find in
order to communicate with it.

Martin Kupec

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by magon

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] BCM2035 over UART on Palm T|T3

Ok, thanks, but question is, do BCM2035 response to BT reset? or just
reset itself.
I tried BT version command, should it response to that one? Or
it have to be BT reset? Does it depend on something to response
to version, and does BT reset response anytime?

Martin Kupec