2005-04-13 18:25:36

by Martin Rolsted Jensen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Missing library libgcc_s.so.1 when using hciattach etc.

Hello everybody!

I am trying to implement a UART bluetooth module on my Triton (PXA255)
board.
I have compiled the necessary files in Scratchbox and made a new file
system.
When I try to execute for example hciattach then I got the message:

root@triton1:/usr/sbin# hciattach
hciattach: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open
shared object file:
No such file or directory
root@triton1:/usr/sbin# ldd hciattach
libbluetooth.so.1 => /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.1 (0x40020000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40035000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => not found

I have searched with the find command and there is no such library file in
the file system.
Is it possible to naively include it in my file system, for example in /lib
or /usr/lib?
If so, were can I find that missing library.

Best Regards

Martin Rolsted Jensen

by Dimitry Andric

On 2005-04-13 at 20:25:36 Martin Rolsted Jensen wrote:

> root@triton1:/usr/sbin# hciattach
> hciattach: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open
> shared object file:
> No such file or directory

This is normal when you are using shared libraries; most of them need
the shared libgcc library, libgcc_s.so. You should be able to find it
in your toolchain directory. For example, if you have arm-linux-gcc,
it should be somewhere in $toolchain_dir/arm-linux/lib.

You should add it to your embedded filesystem, and don't forget to run
ldconfig afterwards!

Attachments:
(No filename) (183.00 B)