2006-01-12 13:35:29

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Problems with smart phones when using a "silent"kernel

Marcel,

Well, there are some PSM not supported packets in the failing dump. But
I still can not figure out what is wrong there... Thanks.

Regards,
Victor.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Marcel
Holtmann
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 14:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Problems with smart phones when using a
"silent"kernel

Hi Victor,

> I have a very strange problem here. When using a "silent" kernel=20
> (CONFIG_CMDLINE=3D"console=3D/dev/null quiet" instead of
> CONFIG_CMDLINE=3D"console=3DttySAC0,115200") It is no longer possible t=
o=20
> pair with Microsoft smartphones. A phone reports "the connection=20
> failed or pass key is incorrect". If a phone was already paired=20
> everything works fine. Other phones work fine too. Any clue what can=20
> go wrong. All this doesn't make much sence, but it is reality :) I've=20
> attached the dumps for the same phone for both of the kernels (silent=20
> and not). We use 2.6.13 with bluez 2.15 and there is no option to=20
> switch to something more recent. Just wonder what can cause the=20
> problem.... From the log I see that pairing actually went ok, cause it

> switched on encryption mode and exchanged some AT's, might be=20
> something with our application as well, but does not seem to be
likelly...

I don't see any strange inside the dump and I doubt that it really has
something to do with the console option. Maybe your application can live
if the console is /dev/null.

Regards

Marcel

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be=
privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not=
the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediatel=
y and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), withou=
t copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any ot=
her way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belong=
ing to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relati=
ng to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other informa=
tion.