2006-01-13 13:01:56

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Problems with smart phones when using a"silent"kernel

I've checked, it is running, so the only option it has some issues with
console redirected to /dev/null... Will check the logs...

Regards,
Victor.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Marcel
Holtmann
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 13:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Problems with smart phones when using
a"silent"kernel

Hi Victor,

> Small update. I've tried to connect with rfcomm tool - the same=20
> behaviour. With the silent kernel it does not connect to Windows=20
> Mobile phones. The logs show attempts to connect to the phone with
"normal"
> kernel (connection successful) and "silent" one (fails). PSM Not=20
> Supported is something that probably goes wrong...

these stupid Microsoft devices. Everytime they get a connection, they
connect back to the SDP server of that device and this fails. So it
seems to me that the SDP daemon is not running or have problems with the
console redirected to /dev/null. Check in the log files for errors from
sdpd. Or you might need to use strace to track it.

Regards

Marcel

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be=
privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not=
the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediatel=
y and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), withou=
t copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any ot=
her way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belong=
ing to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relati=
ng to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other informa=
tion.