2006-02-24 08:40:54

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] sdptool fails with ppc6700

Brad,

Try usimg sdptool browse XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX --l2cap (some phones do not
implement Public Browse Group which is used for discovery by default)
and if this does not help for some phones you have to ask for specific
profiles to get an answer (new Motorola's): sdptool search --bdaddr
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DUN for an example.

Regards,
Victor.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brad
Midgley
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 4:55 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Bluez-devel] sdptool fails with ppc6700

Hey

Is this a known issue? sdptool browse won't return anything with this
phone from sprint. I eventually found it would do DUN on channel 4 by
experimenting.

# hcidump -V -X | tee dump
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.23
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff < HCI Command: Create
Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
bdaddr 00:12:37:BD:9F:A8 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x00 clkoffset 0x0000
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
status 0x00 handle 42 bdaddr 00:12:37:BD:9F:A8 type ACL encrypt 0x00
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Connect req: psm 1 scid 0x0040 < HCI Command: Write Link
Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
handle 42 policy 0x0f
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 6
Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) ncmd 1
status 0x00 handle 42
> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0084 scid 0x0040 result 0 status 0
Connection successful
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0084 flags 0x00 clen 0
> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0040 flags 0x00 clen 4
MTU 4096
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0084 flags 0x00 result 0 clen 0
Success
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
> HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
handle 42 slots 5
> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0040 flags 0x00 result 0 clen 0
Success
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 24
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0084 len 20 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0xf
pat uuid-16 0x1002 (PubBrwsGrp)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0000 - 0xffff
cont 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x5
count 2
cont 00
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn req: dcid 0x0084 scid 0x0040
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn rsp: dcid 0x0084 scid 0x0040 < HCI Command:
Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
handle 42 reason 0x13
Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 42 reason 0x16
Reason: Connection Terminated by Local Host

Brad

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be=
privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not=
the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediatel=
y and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), withou=
t copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any ot=
her way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belong=
ing to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relati=
ng to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other informa=
tion.

by Brad Midgley

Marcel

>>it is and I titled it ByeByeMoto. I've seen similar things on my new
>>RAZR V3x.

Do you have a "byebyemoto" workaround I can try out?

Brad

by Brad Midgley

Marcel

>>The phone still locks up whenever I try to max out the connection so
>>it's going back unless there's an easy fix. Maybe it's some kind of bad
>>interaction between bluez and pocketpc. :(
>

> show me the "hcidump -X -V" for that problem. I think that I know what
> it is and I titled it ByeByeMoto. I've seen similar things on my new
> RAZR V3x.

I only have the samsung i730 currently. So it will work for a while and
then drop the connection when I do something that saturates the link. Is
it useful to see the output of the older hcidump? The capture ends in:

> ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn req: dcid 0x0040 scid 0x0045
< ACL data: handle 42 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn rsp: dcid 0x0040 scid 0x0045
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 42 packets 1
< HCI Command: Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
handle 42 reason 0x13
Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 42 reason 0x16
Reason: Connection Terminated by Local Host

A complete dump is at
http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/dump.gz

Brad

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Brad,

> > Try usimg sdptool browse XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX --l2cap (some phones do not
> > implement Public Browse Group which is used for discovery by default)
> > and if this does not help for some phones you have to ask for specific
> > profiles to get an answer (new Motorola's): sdptool search --bdaddr
> > XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DUN for an example.
>
> thanks... the l2cap scan didn't help, but searching specifically for DUN
> did.
>
> The phone still locks up whenever I try to max out the connection so
> it's going back unless there's an easy fix. Maybe it's some kind of bad
> interaction between bluez and pocketpc. :(

show me the "hcidump -X -V" for that problem. I think that I know what
it is and I titled it ByeByeMoto. I've seen similar things on my new
RAZR V3x.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Victor

> Try usimg sdptool browse XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX --l2cap (some phones do not
> implement Public Browse Group which is used for discovery by default)
> and if this does not help for some phones you have to ask for specific
> profiles to get an answer (new Motorola's): sdptool search --bdaddr
> XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DUN for an example.

thanks... the l2cap scan didn't help, but searching specifically for DUN
did.

The phone still locks up whenever I try to max out the connection so
it's going back unless there's an easy fix. Maybe it's some kind of bad
interaction between bluez and pocketpc. :(

~# sdptool search --bdaddr 00:12:37:BD:9F:xx DUN
Searching for DUN on 00:12:37:BD:9F:xx ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)