2006-02-24 15:04:38

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] sdptool fails with ppc6700

Brad,

Once I had a Nokia phone locking up each time I download data with max.
rate. That was a phone problem. I veryfied it by connecting the phone to
a Windowds PC (so no bluez) and making a download - it was still locking
up. Later on after upgrading the firmware the problem was solved.

Regards,
Victor.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brad
Midgley
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 16:00 PM
To: [email protected]

Victor

> Try usimg sdptool browse XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX --l2cap (some phones do not

> implement Public Browse Group which is used for discovery by default)=20
> and if this does not help for some phones you have to ask for specific

> profiles to get an answer (new Motorola's): sdptool search --bdaddr=20
> XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DUN for an example.

thanks... the l2cap scan didn't help, but searching specifically for DUN
did.

The phone still locks up whenever I try to max out the connection so
it's going back unless there's an easy fix. Maybe it's some kind of bad
interaction between bluez and pocketpc. :(

~# sdptool search --bdaddr 00:12:37:BD:9F:xx DUN Searching for DUN on
00:12:37:BD:9F:xx ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 3
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Version: 0x0100

Brad

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be=
privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not=
the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediatel=
y and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), withou=
t copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any ot=
her way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belong=
ing to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relati=
ng to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other informa=
tion.