2005-09-09 18:13:57

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] sbc decoder unrolled

Brad,

But why is it a problem? The result of encoding/decoding is save to a file - we compare files... So we run reference encoder under windows (or using wine under linux) and then run our stuff under linux, and compare the results obtained using windows reference ebcoder/decoder?

Regards,
Victor.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] on behalf of Brad Midgley
Sent: Fri 9/9/2005 7:59 PM
To: [email protected]

Steven

> output of reference encoder + your decoder (spec requires K > 14)
> output of your encoder + reference decoder
> output of your encoder + your decoder

There is a little gotcha here in that we only have a windows binary for
a reference encoder/decoder. I haven't tried to build our stuff in
cygwin or windows dev tools and there are probably things to fix...

Brad

winmail.dat (3.09 kB)

2005-09-09 18:46:56

by Brad Midgley

Victor,

I was hoping to have regression tests as a regular makefile target...
it's just more of a pain when it requires shipping stuff around.

However, if we are willing to assume that our floating point
implementations are correct enough to be our own golden standard, then
it is pretty straightforward to make a special target that builds both
and compares them.

Brad