2005-03-21 16:04:01

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] RFCOMM connection loss on SCO disconnect

Hi Marcel,

In the attachment there is complete log (right from the establishment of
the very first connection), looks like the phone issues DISC for RFCOMM.
This happens only if SCO connection is there. Disabling SCO ( when we
ignore connect request) "fixes" the problem, but unfortunatelly this is
not acceptable. I'm going to check if it can be fixed in some way or
another...

Regards,
Victor.

> Hi Victor,
>
> > I have the following problem. A device running bluez is configured
to be
> > HF.
> > At the moment of incoming call, the deivece is connected to the
phone (AG)
> > on RFCOMM channel, while listening on SCO channel. From this moment
>> there are two scenarios.
> > 1) With the phones supporting in-band ringing, the phone opens SCO
>> channel to the device and starting to send a ring tone over SCO while

>> sending RING over RFCOMM
> > 2) With the phones not supporting in-band ringing, RING is sent over

> > RFCOMM, and when we pick-up, SCO channel is open from the phone to
the
> > device.
> >
> > The problem comes when I hang up from the calling side after a
> > conversation is finished. The phones 2) close? SCO channel, and
leave
>> RFCOMM channel open, while the phones 1) close SCO channel and then
the
> > device sends disconnect for the RFCOMM channel handle, breaking
RFCOMM
> > link. ( I might be mistaking interpretating the log... ) I do not
really
> > expect the RFCOMM to be disconnected, as I still need to be able to
send
> > some ATs to the phone....
> >
>> This behaviour seems inconsistent, I tried to figure out what is
going on
> > from the logs, but it is kind of tricky (at least for me ;) ). I"ve
> > included logs for both of the cases (nokia.txt for the type 1)
phones, and
> > sony.txt for the type 2 phonnes). Both logs start at the moment of
> > incoming call when RFCOMM links are already established, and finish
after
> > I hang-up. I skipped most of the SCO packets cause there are a lot (
--
> > denotes skip )
> >
> > May be you can comment on this, cause I do not see at the moment
what is
> > the cause of the problem.
>
> if you don"t catch the initial L2CAP connection setup then you should
> add a --psm=3 to hcidump so it assumes that every unknown L2CAP cids
are
> RFCOMM connections. Redo this for the Nokia logfile or send in the
> binary dumps.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Attachments:
nokia2_flt.txt (22.41 kB)
nokia2_flt.txt

2005-03-22 08:47:45

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Victor,

> In the attachment there is complete log (right from the establishment of
> the very first connection), looks like the phone issues DISC for RFCOMM.
> This happens only if SCO connection is there. Disabling SCO ( when we
> ignore connect request) "fixes" the problem, but unfortunatelly this is
> not acceptable. I'm going to check if it can be fixed in some way or
> another...

if the phone says DISC we can't do anything. Maybe that is their way of
interpreting the handsfree profile. I think you have to live with it and
simply reconnect the RFCOMM channel after the disconnect.

Regards

Marcel