2005-03-28 20:55:21

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: [Bluez-devel] RFCOMM related oops

Hi Marcel,

Some more problems...

The following holds for Motorola V3 (RAZR) and Nokia 6310i (i hope i'm not
mistaking), and prob. some more phones I've never seen ;)

The sequence leading to the oops (oops.txt):
Open RFCOMM channel exposed as HF channel. Try to open RFCOMM channel
exposed as DUN channel for 3 times (first 2 fail, and finally attempt 3
gives success). Close RFCOMM channel for DUN. Close RFCOMM channel for HF ->
oops.

Looks like those phones allow only 1 RFCOMM channel to be opened. But
strange things happen if you try to connect, when there is
already a RFCOMM connection open on another channel (all this story with
3 attempts).

What I see from the log (motov3.bin):
On attempt 2 bluez stack DISC on dlci 0 (for the reason I don't know)
where there are still active RFCOMM connections (HF channel, dlci 14 in
the log). So when I try to close HF it oops'es...

Have it reproducible on 2 platforms (arm and i386):
2.6.11.4 + 2.6.11-mh2 (i386)

Please see the logs attached.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Victor Shcherbatyuk.

oops.txt (1.78 kB)
motov3.bin (2.49 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] RFCOMM related oops

Hi Victor,

> Some more problems...
>
> The following holds for Motorola V3 (RAZR) and Nokia 6310i (i hope i'm not
> mistaking), and prob. some more phones I've never seen ;)
>
> The sequence leading to the oops (oops.txt):
> Open RFCOMM channel exposed as HF channel. Try to open RFCOMM channel
> exposed as DUN channel for 3 times (first 2 fail, and finally attempt 3
> gives success). Close RFCOMM channel for DUN. Close RFCOMM channel for HF ->
> oops.
>
> Looks like those phones allow only 1 RFCOMM channel to be opened. But
> strange things happen if you try to connect, when there is
> already a RFCOMM connection open on another channel (all this story with
> 3 attempts).
>
> What I see from the log (motov3.bin):
> On attempt 2 bluez stack DISC on dlci 0 (for the reason I don't know)
> where there are still active RFCOMM connections (HF channel, dlci 14 in
> the log). So when I try to close HF it oops'es...
>
> Have it reproducible on 2 platforms (arm and i386):
> 2.6.11.4 + 2.6.11-mh2 (i386)

I hope this is not because of my fix for the reference counting problem
you found. Check if this still happens with a vanilla 2.6.11 kernel.

If it still happens try to reproduce it without the ndiswrapper. This
taints your kernel and I am not willing to fix buggy Windows drivers.

Next thing is to try it without PREEMPT enabled.

Regards

Marcel

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Hi Marcel,

The attached prog. is oops'ing for the _patched_ kernel. Hope this
helps.

Kind regards,
Victor.

P.S. I used channels 1 and 12 for 6310.