2005-04-11 08:06:47

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Reopening RFCOMM socket

Hi Marcel,

In the quoted message below you say "If no other session is active the
underlaying ACL link will be terminated." It looks as if it does not
happen immediatelly. So there is a chance that if you open a new RFCOMM
socket very fast it will not bring down ACL link and will actually reuse
it? Cause I have a problem with Motorola V3, I bring down HF RFCOMM
socket (the only one active at the time) and then open DUN channel and
start pppd over it. And unless I see HCI disconnect for a underlaying
ACL link in hcidump log after closing HF RFCOMM, DUN RFCOMM becomes very
slow (takes much time to push/pull a packet to/from the phone). May be
some flow control issues?

Regards,
Victor.
=20

Victor Shcherbatyuk | Software Developer | TomTom |
[email protected] | +31 (0) 20 4469 873 office | +31 (0)
628 186314 mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Marcel
Holtmann
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 19:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Problem to really close RFComm socket

Hi Frederic,

> I am trying to use RFComm sockets, but I have a problem when I close=20
> the socket, it does not close RFComm or ACL connection.
> So, if I try to reconnect I got an error 0x10. I used hcidump and=20
> nothing happens when close is called.
> The only way to really close is to stop the app.

are you using fork() in between?

The close() will close the DLC and if all DLCs are closed it will close
the session. If no other session is active the underlaying ACL link will
be terminated.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Reopening RFCOMM socket

Hi Victor,

> In the quoted message below you say "If no other session is active the
> underlaying ACL link will be terminated." It looks as if it does not
> happen immediatelly. So there is a chance that if you open a new RFCOMM
> socket very fast it will not bring down ACL link and will actually reuse
> it? Cause I have a problem with Motorola V3, I bring down HF RFCOMM
> socket (the only one active at the time) and then open DUN channel and
> start pppd over it. And unless I see HCI disconnect for a underlaying
> ACL link in hcidump log after closing HF RFCOMM, DUN RFCOMM becomes very
> slow (takes much time to push/pull a packet to/from the phone). May be
> some flow control issues?

the ACL has a disconnect timeout of 2 seconds if we created that link
and 4 seconds if the remote side connected to us. This is needed,
because the only expensive thing with Bluetooth is the creation of the
ACL links and we want to avoid it as often as possible.

Please send in the part of "hcidump -X -V" for the V3. I really think
that this is a phone problem. Maybe their RFCOMM credits handling is
broken and they only reset it after a HCI disconnect.

Regards

Marcel