2007-09-14 01:45:06

by guoyun

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] handsfree or headset support on pc

Hi andrey larin

>>From your description, the headset need to open visibility to be found. Hope this is not your tiny mistake. :-)

Cheers

-Gawain.

________________________________

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of andrey larin
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 4:49 AM
To: BlueZ development

after all i see while serching
i think this:

currently software is able to handle this
but requred some tuning

but may be i wrong :)

so i more interested in technical details

if you could provide ... some :)

or say that i wrong and there is requerd a lot of coding

2007/9/13, robert <[email protected]>:

I am working on a project to implement the handsfree profile on a
pc. It is still pretty early on, but it is getting there. A lot of
the code is written in java, and some of the SCO connection
management is written in C. Let me know if you are interested in
something like that.

cheers,
--robert

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:34 PM, andrey larin wrote:

> hi i done a lot searching but don't find anything
> about handsfree or headset profile support on pc ( moble phone uses pc
> speaker and microphone (so named answer machine ) )
> so you are the bluez developers
> maybe you can answer me it is curently possible or not

by robert

Audio Gateway.

Serial Port is a generic serial port that can be used for arbitrary
communication with the phone. Audio Gateway is for the handset. I
do not believe the phone will attempt to establish an SCO connection
with a device that is not connected over one of the Audio Gateway
channels.

--robert

On Sep 14, 2007, at 11:31 AM, andrey larin wrote:

> [...]
> encoding: 0x6a
> base_offset: 0xc803
> code_ISO639: 0x7074
> encoding: 0x6a
> base_offset: 0xc806
> Profile Descriptor List:
> "Handsfree" (0x111e)
> Version: 0x0101
>
> You have to connect to (or bind in your case) to rfcomm channel 7
> (in this example). Otherwise, the phone will not recognize that
> you are trying to connect as a headset.
>
> Second, you have to complete the handshake defined inside of the
> bluetooth headset profile. Once again, otherwise the phone will
> not recognize you as a headset.
>
> There are a lot of little gotchas like this that are kind of hard
> to track down. Once I figure them all out, I hope to write an
> article on my site, alongside of the code I release.
>
> cheers,
> --robert
>
> On Sep 14, 2007, at 10:48 AM, andrey larin wrote:
>
>> well the things i want to make samethin like phonecontrol.net in
>> windows
>>
>> for managing telephone and other there is a good tool gammu
>>
>> and when the call comes or maked i want to establish audio connection
>>
>> so i want to make it work after HF profile is registred and
>> listening service is running
>> as i understand the audio is channelles
>>
>> the listening service is the goal
>>

>> 2007/9/14, andrey larin < [email protected]>:
>> well
>> what i do..
>> in gentoo and testing 2 phones SonyEricsson-w800 and Nokia 5200
>>
>> install bluez
>>
>> registered HF service using sdptool
>>
>> using hcitool and sdptool
>> finding phone and it rfcomm channel
>> on phone i set that my pc is can always connect to phone
>> binding using rfcomm to /dev/rfcomm0
>> and just using minicom
>>
>> i even make a stupid script in bash to connect to rfcomm on phone
>>
>> when the ring comes i try at command to request audio channel
>>
>> but nothing
>>
>> maybe same thing foget to tell
>>
>> 2007/9/14, robert < [email protected]>:
>> Hello Andrey,
>>
>> let me back up for a second and ask how you are trying to access the
>> handsfree?
>>
>> Is the phone paired with your computer?
>> Is the phone paired with your computer as a Handsfree device?
>> What kind of phone are you using?
>> For your RFCOMM channel, are you connecting to the channel channel
>> are you connecting to on the phone?
>> How are you handing the RFCOMM processing?
>>
>> I left out some steps about Service Discovery and Pairing that I
>> assumed you already completed.
>>
>> --robert
>>
>> On Sep 14, 2007, at 12:39 AM, andrey larin wrote:
>>
>> > i try to do something similar but
>> > last time a wrote programs was wery long ago so
>> > i don't understud your code in proper :((
>> > but i tried to do as you say
>> >
>> > and nothing happens
>> >
>> > coud you explain what your code exactly do ?

(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by andrey larin

> [...]

> > on phone i set that my pc is can always connect to phone
> > binding using rfcomm to /dev/rfcomm0
> > and just using minicom
> >
> > i even make a stupid script in bash to connect to rfcomm on phone
> >
> > when the ring comes i try at command to request audio channel
> >
> > but nothing
> >
> > maybe same thing foget to tell
> >
> > 2007/9/14, robert < [email protected]>:
> > >
> > > Hello Andrey,
> > >
> > > let me back up for a second and ask how you are trying to access the
> > > handsfree?
> > >
> > > Is the phone paired with your computer?
> > > Is the phone paired with your computer as a Handsfree device?
> > > What kind of phone are you using?
> > > For your RFCOMM channel, are you connecting to the channel channel
> > > are you connecting to on the phone?
> > > How are you handing the RFCOMM processing?
> > >
> > > I left out some steps about Service Discovery and Pairing that I

(No filename) (5.11 kB)
(No filename) (9.07 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by robert

> [...]

> > Hello Andrey,
> >
> > let me back up for a second and ask how you are trying to access the
> > handsfree?
> >
> > Is the phone paired with your computer?
> > Is the phone paired with your computer as a Handsfree device?
> > What kind of phone are you using?
> > For your RFCOMM channel, are you connecting to the channel channel
> > are you connecting to on the phone?
> > How are you handing the RFCOMM processing?
> >
> > I left out some steps about Service Discovery and Pairing that I
> > assumed you already completed.
> >
> > --robert
> >
> > On Sep 14, 2007, at 12:39 AM, andrey larin wrote:
> >
> > > i try to do something similar but
> > > last time a wrote programs was wery long ago so
> > > i don't understud your code in proper :((
> > > but i tried to do as you say
> > >
> > > and nothing happens
> > >
> > > coud you explain what your code exactly do ?

(No filename) (2.27 kB)
(No filename) (3.59 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by andrey larin

well
what i do..
in gentoo and testing 2 phones SonyEricsson-w800 and Nokia 5200

install bluez

registered HF service using sdptool

using hcitool and sdptool
finding phone and it rfcomm channel
on phone i set that my pc is can always connect to phone
binding using rfcomm to /dev/rfcomm0
and just using minicom

i even make a stupid script in bash to connect to rfcomm on phone

when the ring comes i try at command to request audio channel

but nothing

maybe same thing foget to tell

2007/9/14, robert <[email protected]>:

> Hello Andrey,
>
> let me back up for a second and ask how you are trying to access the
> handsfree?
>
> Is the phone paired with your computer?
> Is the phone paired with your computer as a Handsfree device?
> What kind of phone are you using?
> For your RFCOMM channel, are you connecting to the channel channel
> are you connecting to on the phone?
> How are you handing the RFCOMM processing?
>
> I left out some steps about Service Discovery and Pairing that I
> assumed you already completed.
>
> --robert
>
> On Sep 14, 2007, at 12:39 AM, andrey larin wrote:
>
> > i try to do something similar but
> > last time a wrote programs was wery long ago so
> > i don't understud your code in proper :((
> > but i tried to do as you say
> >
> > and nothing happens
> >
> > coud you explain what your code exactly do ?

(No filename) (1.73 kB)
(No filename) (2.41 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by robert

> [...]

are you connecting to on the phone?
How are you handing the RFCOMM processing?

I left out some steps about Service Discovery and Pairing that I
assumed you already completed.

--robert

On Sep 14, 2007, at 12:39 AM, andrey larin wrote:

> i try to do something similar but
> last time a wrote programs was wery long ago so
> i don't understud your code in proper :((
> but i tried to do as you say
>
> and nothing happens
>
> coud you explain what your code exactly do ?

by andrey larin

i try to do something similar but
last time a wrote programs was wery long ago so
i don't understud your code in proper :((
but i tried to do as you say

and nothing happens

coud you explain what your code exactly do ?

2007/9/14, robert <[email protected]>:

> so here is a sample of the c part that I am writing. (from your
> description, it seems that you and I are doing something similar).
> This is a pretty primitive code sample, and there are examples
> (probably better) in bluez-utils that do similar things.
> Furthermore, this presently only handles the speaker, not the mic.
> The second part is an easy addition.
>
> http://www.cadvium.net/files/source/sco-manager.tar.gz
>
> gpl
>
> > make
> ## basically, you start it up with a file. (the bluetooth address is
> ignored but should be formatted properly).
> > sco-manager <bluetooth-address> <file-name>
>
> This will listen for an sco connection on the first bluetooth device
> that it finds. It will then take any data that it receives and write
> it into the file specified on the command line. (I think it also
> generates a tonne of debugging too).
>
> This is more useful if you specify a pipe for the file:
> > mkfifo test.sco
> ## Setup voice correctly
> > sudo hciconfig hci0 voice 0x0060
> > cat test.sco | aplay -f S16 &
> > sco-manager <bluetooth-address> test.sco
>
> At this point, if you make a call, it will send the audio through out
> your speakers. (Make sure to turn them down, if something isn't
> setup properly it makes a terrible noise).
>
> hope this helps,
> --robert
>

> On Sep 13, 2007, at 10:17 PM, andrey larin wrote:
>
> > ok here is what i think:
> > there is no problem to create and communicate rfcomm
> >
> > i don't know what connection must be make to control the audio
> > ( special rfcomm to audiogateway on phone or usual rfcomm to ssp
> > on phone)
> >
> > must unreserched area is how to handle the audio managment ( open,
> > support ,close, route audio from pc microphone to phone ,from phone
> > to pc speakers)
> >

> > so
> >
> > when i connect on my phones spp
> > and make call to my cell phone
> > on terminal my phone says `RING`
> > i need to command the to make an audio connection (SCO)

(No filename) (2.65 kB)
(No filename) (3.55 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by robert

so here is a sample of the c part that I am writing. (from your
description, it seems that you and I are doing something similar).
This is a pretty primitive code sample, and there are examples
(probably better) in bluez-utils that do similar things.
Furthermore, this presently only handles the speaker, not the mic.
The second part is an easy addition.

http://www.cadvium.net/files/source/sco-manager.tar.gz

gpl

> make
## basically, you start it up with a file. (the bluetooth address is
ignored but should be formatted properly).
> sco-manager <bluetooth-address> <file-name>

This will listen for an sco connection on the first bluetooth device
that it finds. It will then take any data that it receives and write
it into the file specified on the command line. (I think it also
generates a tonne of debugging too).

This is more useful if you specify a pipe for the file:
> mkfifo test.sco
## Setup voice correctly
> sudo hciconfig hci0 voice 0x0060
> cat test.sco | aplay -f S16 &
> sco-manager <bluetooth-address> test.sco

At this point, if you make a call, it will send the audio through out
your speakers. (Make sure to turn them down, if something isn't
setup properly it makes a terrible noise).

hope this helps,
--robert

On Sep 13, 2007, at 10:17 PM, andrey larin wrote:

> ok here is what i think:
> there is no problem to create and communicate rfcomm
>
> i don't know what connection must be make to control the audio
> ( special rfcomm to audiogateway on phone or usual rfcomm to ssp
> on phone)
>
> must unreserched area is how to handle the audio managment ( open,
> support ,close, route audio from pc microphone to phone ,from phone
> to pc speakers)
>

> so
>
> when i connect on my phones spp
> and make call to my cell phone
> on terminal my phone says `RING`
> i need to command the to make an audio connection (SCO)
> and route this connections
>
> how to do this ?

by andrey larin

ok here is what i think:
there is no problem to create and communicate rfcomm

i don't know what connection must be make to control the audio( special
rfcomm to audiogateway on phone or usual rfcomm to ssp on phone)

must unreserched area is how to handle the audio managment ( open, support
,close, route audio from pc microphone to phone ,from phone to pc speakers)

so

when i connect on my phones spp
and make call to my cell phone
on terminal my phone says `RING`
i need to command the to make an audio connection (SCO)
and route this connections

how to do this ?

2007/9/14, robert <[email protected]>:

> Hello Andrey Larin,
>
> The Headset profile has two sides to it. There is the Audio Gateway
> (AG) which is typically a cell phone, and then the Hands-Free unit (HF).
>
> I think there has been a lot of development on the Audio Gateway(AG)
> side, because it is really useful to be able to play music on your
> computer and have it come out of your bluetooth headphones.
>
> As far as I can tell(and someone please correct me if I am wrong),
> there are not as many projects dedicated to implementing the HF side,
> this is the side one of the projects i am working on is
> implementing. Essentially there are two channels, the RFCOMM channel
> which essentially acts as the control channel, and then the SCO
> channel which is for sending audio data back and forth. I wrote a
> program to handle RFCOMM channel and service discovery in java, and
> presently have a basic SCO manager (in c) for the SCO data and am
> working on a way to actually play it.
>
> I hope to put the code online soon, but right now I am trying to
> learn how to use D-BUS in order to make the two parts communicate
> with one another.
>
> Hope that helps,
> --robert
>

> On Sep 13, 2007, at 6:45 PM, guoyun wrote:
>
> > Hi andrey larin
> >
> >> From your description, the headset need to open visibility to be
> >> found. Hope this is not your tiny mistake. :-)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > -Gawain.

(No filename) (3.06 kB)
(No filename) (4.38 kB)