2005-10-05 18:38:07

by Robert Wlaschin

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Cannot send through serial device rfcomm

Marcel,

Thanks, that seems to get rid of the Authentication error. I seem to be
able to issue commands through microcom now.

I appreciate the help. Is there a recommended way to verify the linkkey
isn't incorrect?

Thanks,
Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Holtmann [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:54 AM
To: Robert Wlaschin
Cc: '[email protected]'

Hi Robert,

> much for the help thus far. Yes the rfcomm0 device is created:
> This is the output from rfcomm; rfcomm0: 00:A0:96:0D:3B:80 channel 1
> closed, I have also seen it report [tty-attached] when I am attempting
> to read/write/connect, but it says 'config' not 'open'
>
> So, I saw this error message:
>
> > HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
> status 0x05 handle 41 bdaddr 00:A0:96:0D:3B:80 type ACL encrypt
> 0x00
> Error: Authentication Failure

this means that you provide the wrong link key. Delete all your link
keys or set the device into pairing mode.

> So I did this: hciconfig hci0 auth, but I still got the same error, so
> I followed with this: hciconfig hci0 encrypt, but I still seem to be
> getting the error message.

This is a misconception. What activated security mode 3 and this is not
helpful at all.

Regards

Marcel

2005-10-05 18:55:49

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Robert,

> I appreciate the help. Is there a recommended way to verify the
> linkkey isn't incorrect?

in case of an authentication and an previous requested link key we
should remove it from the file storage, but we are not doing this at the
moment.

Regards

Marcel