2007-05-13 16:44:41

by Frédéric Dalleau

Subject: [Bluez-devel] RE : RE : Problems connecting to a bluetooth headset faoMarcel

>> A2DPD[18:44:14.790]: a2dp_make_listen_socket: (errno=13:Permission
>> denied)Cannot bind socket 6 for psm 25

> I'm wondering what causes this, the bind call is failing with errno=EPERM.
> Do you know of something in bluez config or something security related that could prevent binding if not root?

I should have RTFM
http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x145.html#port-numbers
Thanks,
Frederic

Attachments:
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Feig

Petteri Räty wrote:

>>> I'm wondering what causes this, the bind call is failing with errno=EPERM.
>>> Do you know of something in bluez config or something security related
>>>
>> that could prevent binding if not root?
>>
>> I should have RTFM
>> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x145.html#port-numbers
>> Thanks,
>> Frederic
>>

> from http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html
> "... and run a2dpd (it's not advised to run it as root)."
>
> Hehe. I wonder what the developers do then as it doesn't work as a
> normal user.
>
> Regards,
> Petteri

I got it to work as a normal user, I don't remember exactly what I did,
but I'm pretty sure that all it needed was a 'chmod a+x' on the required
files.

I do think that this could be handled better with an /etc/init.d/ script
that ran a2dpd as the user. Or even hook it into the
/etc/init.d/bluetooth script.

-John

Attachments:
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Petteri Räty

Frederic Dalleau kirjoitti:

>>> A2DPD[18:44:14.790]: a2dp_make_listen_socket: (errno=13:Permission
>>> denied)Cannot bind socket 6 for psm 25
>
>> I'm wondering what causes this, the bind call is failing with errno=EPERM.
>> Do you know of something in bluez config or something security related
> that could prevent binding if not root?
>
> I should have RTFM
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x145.html#port-numbers
> Thanks,
> Frederic

from http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html
"... and run a2dpd (it's not advised to run it as root)."

Hehe. I wonder what the developers do then as it doesn't work as a
normal user.

Regards,
Petteri

Attachments: