2005-08-12 10:02:43

by Al

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Porting BlueZ on embedded uClinux

Hi,

> Strange ! What "package" are you using ??
Yeah, somehow BlueZ is missing in config file. But
other BlueZ stuffs are there in kernel.
It's an ARM7 development toolkit with uClinux ported.

> Is the USB dongle detected by the USB subsystem ???
Yes, I think so.

I just wonder did I miss any other BlueZ directory in kernel?
1. Protocol stack: linux/net/bluetooth
2. HCI device driver: linux/drivers/bluetooth
3. I haven't put anything in /etc/bluetooth, does it matter for the error?
I just want to use " hciconfig" to list bluetooth USB dongle now.

Thanks for helps,

Al

Attachments:
winmail.dat (3.37 kB)

2005-08-12 12:34:09

by Peter Wippich

Hi Al,

when I remember your original posting right the error message was
something like "protokoll family not registered...". This may be the case
when the BlueZ is not initialized. Do you get some start up message from
BlueZ when your system boots up ??

Ciao,

Peter

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Al wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Strange ! What "package" are you using ??
> Yeah, somehow BlueZ is missing in config file. But
> other BlueZ stuffs are there in kernel.
> It's an ARM7 development toolkit with uClinux ported.
>
> > Is the USB dongle detected by the USB subsystem ???
> Yes, I think so.
>
> I just wonder did I miss any other BlueZ directory in kernel?
> 1. Protocol stack: linux/net/bluetooth
> 2. HCI device driver: linux/drivers/bluetooth
> 3. I haven't put anything in /etc/bluetooth, does it matter for the error?
> I just want to use " hciconfig" to list bluetooth USB dongle now.
>
> Thanks for helps,
>
> Al

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |