2006-06-14 15:00:09

by Lan Zhang

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Rfcomm always response DM mode

Hello:

I have a problem with rfcomm, it will always response DM mode for other
device connection request, the bluetooth is running, the sdpd and hcid
are running fine, and hciconfig shows like below:
hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0A:3A:55:C3:4C ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:414 acl:0 sco:0 events:22 errors:0
TX bytes:582 acl:0 sco:0 commands:22 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0b 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x140680
Service Classes: Rendering, Object Transfer
Device Class: Imaging, Printer
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP
Subver:0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

And I can find to other device, set up a connection and do a file
transfer, but I cannot run it as a service. Like I said, the rfcomm will
always reject connection. I don't know what I am missing, it just work
for the old version.

By the way, did I still need rfcomm packet in order to get a connection
from rfcomm, I think it is build-in the bluez packet? Anyway, I download
rfcomm-0.10, and follow the instruction, but got a lot of compile
errors. I am using the 2.25 utilas and libs from bluez, and after 3.0
come out, I try to catch your latest version, but in utils's configure,
it says DBUS didn't reach your requirement. You requested dbus-glib-l >
0.35, what I have is 0.22, is there anyway to poss that?

Thanks.

Lan

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Rfcomm always response DM mode

Hi Lan,

> I have a problem with rfcomm, it will always response DM mode for other
> device connection request, the bluetooth is running, the sdpd and hcid
> are running fine, and hciconfig shows like below:
> hciconfig -a
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0A:3A:55:C3:4C ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:414 acl:0 sco:0 events:22 errors:0
> TX bytes:582 acl:0 sco:0 commands:22 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0b 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
> Class: 0x140680
> Service Classes: Rendering, Object Transfer
> Device Class: Imaging, Printer
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP
> Subver:0x20d
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> And I can find to other device, set up a connection and do a file
> transfer, but I cannot run it as a service. Like I said, the rfcomm will
> always reject connection. I don't know what I am missing, it just work
> for the old version.
>
> By the way, did I still need rfcomm packet in order to get a connection
> from rfcomm, I think it is build-in the bluez packet? Anyway, I download
> rfcomm-0.10, and follow the instruction, but got a lot of compile
> errors. I am using the 2.25 utilas and libs from bluez, and after 3.0
> come out, I try to catch your latest version, but in utils's configure,
> it says DBUS didn't reach your requirement. You requested dbus-glib-l >
> 0.35, what I have is 0.22, is there anyway to poss that?

run "hcidump -X -V" in another terminal and send in its output.

Regards

Marcel