2005-01-01 08:02:28

by Pegasus ...

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Continuous Inquiry

Hi All:

My program is running a thread with continuos hci_inquiry(). I need to know
when a new device is discovered in the middle of the inquiry. How do I do
this?

The hcidump seems to show a lot of Inquiry Result event and the Remote Name
Request for the devices found at the end of the Inquiry.

Thanks a lot.... and have a Happy New Year.

Keshav

by Steven Singer

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Continuous Inquiry

Pegasus ... wrote:
> If I do Inquiry in batches of 1.28 seconds, will that affect Inquiry
> response from other devices? ...due to the Inquiry Scan Window traversing
> the same frequencies again !
>
> I tested the batch approach with the two Socket CF+PCMCIA cards I have and
> seem to work fine... but maybe it wont work when there are more devices from
> different vendors ?

In general, this can't be guaranteed to work for the reason you stated.

The minimum time an inquiry can be performed for and have a good chance
of picking up all devices is 10.24 seconds.

I think the raw socket approach is best. Do the inquiry as normal but
snoop on the inquiry response events by using a raw HCI socket.

- Steven

the system manager.

http://www.mimesweeper.com

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: RES: [Bluez-devel] Bluz APi

Hi Anderson,

> I tryed to compile "hstest.c" using "make hstest" but it did not work.
>
> am i doing something wrong?

use "./configure --enable-test" first.

Regards

Marcel

Subject: RES: [Bluez-devel] Bluz APi

Hi Marcel,

I tryed to compile "hstest.c" using "make hstest" but it did not work.

am i doing something wrong?

reagards