2005-11-15 16:30:55

by Matthieu CASTET

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Réf. : Re: [Bluez-devel] uart driver

> Hi Mattieu,
Hi peter,

> you may use the PCMCIA card driver (btuart_cs) as a base and remove all
> the PCMCIA specific stuff. Than modify the UART access for your
hardware.

> You may also use our PCI driver and removed all PCI specific stuff.
> this is based on the PCMCIA driver as well.
> The attached version is for 2.6.x. For 2.4.x you can find one on our
> website.
I look in your pci driver, and is more or less what I did except that I
still use hci_h4 module.

What I don't like with these scheme is that all PCI/PCMCIA/USB driver
duplicate some generic uart bluetooth code.

What I wanted is to have a generic uart driver that know nothing about hci
and bluetooth, and then use hci_ldisc.c for the bluetooth part.

Is the fact to use the tty layer between uart driver and bluetooth uart
module is too complex and have a high overhead ?

If tty is too complex, why not doing a generic uart bluetooth driver with
simple inferface : send_packet/receive/init/close/... ?

Matthieu