2004-12-01 18:08:12

by Peter Wippich

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Cross Compile Blues ....

Dear All,

I'm trying to cross compile bluez-libs / utils (Vers. 2.11). Actually, I
can compile fine, but I've the following problems:

a) when I compile the libraries I'm unable to find a configure which
allows me to have the libraries installed on the the build system but with
a load path of the target system (/usr/lib). Here is the configure I use

./configure --prefix=$XPREFIX --host=$TARGET --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
--with-kernel=$LINUX_DIR \
--libdir=$XPREFIX/lib --includedir=$XPREFIX/include

where XPREFIX is the path to the target root file system on my build
system, TARGET is arm-linux LINUX_DIR is the path to the linux sources
for the target system. What I need is some configuration which installs
the library files in $XPREFIX/lib and builds the libraries for RUN PATH
/lib. Does anybody know how t get this working ????

b) the same problem occurs with the CONFIGDIR define in config.h.
It is always set to $XPREFIX/etc/bluetooth
instead of just /etc/bluetooth

Any help is very welcome !!!

Thank you and best regards,

Peter

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Cross Compile Blues ....

Hi Peter,

> thank you. This helped to build the libraries correctly. Library build now
> looks like this (if anybody runs into the same problem):
>
> # configure and make bluez libs
> pushd bluez/bluez-libs-2.11
> ./configure --host=$TARGET --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
> --with-kernel=$LINUX_DIR \
> --libdir=/lib --includedir=$XPREFIX/include
> make
> make install DESTDIR=$XPREFIX
> popd

for what do you still need the --includedir ?

> However, it fails with utils. But this isn't much of a problem, for
> now I can live with the hack below....
>
> When I don't use prefix with utils I get some real strange problem with
> the include pathes. Looks like the native include pathes are used ?!?
>
> # configure and make bluez utils
> pushd bluez/bluez-utils-2.11
> ./configure --prefix=$XPREFIX --host=$TARGET --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
> --with-kernel=$LINUX_DIR \
> --libdir=$XPREFIX/lib --includedir=$XPREFIX/include
> # --sysconfdir=/etc
> # --without-glib
> # can't figure out how to get this right .......... so...
> echo "#undef CONFIGDIR" >> config.h
> echo "#define CONFIGDIR \"/etc/bluetooth\"" >> config.h
> make
> make install
> popd

Sounds like a bug to me. However I don't finally understand why you
wanna install everything into under / .

I never did any cross-compiling so far, but I am open for every
enhancement to make it easier.

Regards

Marcel

by Peter Wippich

[...]