2005-01-07 09:38:41

by Amit Kumar Goel

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SDP & RFCOMM SYNC

Hi frds,

I am working over SDP layer & i want to suport multiple profile over rfcomm.

I want to know how I can implement the following situation.

Already there is one rfcomm (ACL) connection with the remote device by
a profile .Other profile wants to make sdp session with the same
device.How can we send query request over the l2cap chanel?

If so, wat will happen after if sdp sends a disconnect request after query?

Regards
Amit

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] headset emulator apps

Great!
Now I have one point of start.

Thanks a lot.

./nelson -murilo

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:27:46AM -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Nelson,
>
> You are not likely to find a phone that can send quality audio. You'd
> need it to support A2DP and most devices still don't.
>
> Plus, to decode it, you'd need to write the AVDTP signaling to operate
> the A2DP "sink" to receive audio. The only good news is you would be
> able to use the sbc decoder we have at bluetooth-alsa.sf.net to
> uncompress the audio.
>
> Brad
>
> Nelson Murilo wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >sorry for off-topic, but anybody know any headset emulator for
> >linux?
> >My idea is send mp3 from my phone via bluetooth connection to my linux
> >box, and may redirect sound for real sound sistem.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >./nelson -murilo

by Brad Midgley

Nelson Murilo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> sorry for off-topic, but anybody know any headset emulator for
> linux?
> My idea is send mp3 from my phone via bluetooth connection to my linux box,
> and may redirect sound for real sound sistem.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> ./nelson -murilo

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SDP & RFCOMM SYNC

Hi Amit,

> can u explain how it is possible?
>
> Because only one l2cap connection is possible over a ACL connection
> (between 2 devices).

who said so? There can only be one ACL connection between two devices,
but there is no limit for L2CAP connections. You can even have multiple
connections on the same PSM.

> According to SDP specification, SDP seesion first issue a SDP connect,
> send SDP query, wait for response and then send SDP disconnect.
>
> if we start a SDP session, What will happen with the l2cap
> connection, over which 1( or more ) rfcomm session is running?
>
> Should l2cap implementation provide a support for this or SDP should
> check for that?
>
> if so how to implement this at the l2cap level?

Read the specification and look at the source code. As I said, this
simply works.

Regards

Marcel

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] headset emulator apps

Hi guys,

sorry for off-topic, but anybody know any headset emulator for
linux?
My idea is send mp3 from my phone via bluetooth connection to my linux box,
and may redirect sound for real sound sistem.

Thanks in advance,

./nelson -murilo

by Peter Wippich

Hi Amit,

l2cap is a multiplexer protocol, which means that every l2cap connection
has a different "channel". Each upper layer Protocol uses a different
PSM (protocol service multiplexer). If I remeber right the PSM for RFCOMM
is 3 and 2 for SDP. If you conect a RFCOMM session this is completly
independent from a SDP session. Check l2cap protocoll specification.

Ciao,

Peter

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Amit Kumar Goel wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> can u explain how it is possible?
>
> Because only one l2cap connection is possible over a ACL connection
> (between 2 devices).
>
> According to SDP specification, SDP seesion first issue a SDP connect,
> send SDP query, wait for response and then send SDP disconnect.
>
> if we start a SDP session, What will happen with the l2cap
> connection, over which 1( or more ) rfcomm session is running?
>
> Should l2cap implementation provide a support for this or SDP should
> check for that?
>
> if so how to implement this at the l2cap level?
>
> Regards
> Amit
>
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:55:31 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Amit,
> >
> > > I am working over SDP layer & i want to suport multiple profile over rfcomm.
> > >
> > > I want to know how I can implement the following situation.
> > >
> > > Already there is one rfcomm (ACL) connection with the remote device by
> > > a profile .Other profile wants to make sdp session with the same
> > > device.How can we send query request over the l2cap chanel?
> > >
> > > If so, wat will happen after if sdp sends a disconnect request after query?
> >
> > this simply works. The kernel is able to handle multiple L2CAP and
> > RFCOMM connections without any problems.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Amit Kumar Goel

Hi Marcel,

can u explain how it is possible?

Because only one l2cap connection is possible over a ACL connection
(between 2 devices).

According to SDP specification, SDP seesion first issue a SDP connect,
send SDP query, wait for response and then send SDP disconnect.

if we start a SDP session, What will happen with the l2cap
connection, over which 1( or more ) rfcomm session is running?

Should l2cap implementation provide a support for this or SDP should
check for that?

if so how to implement this at the l2cap level?

Regards
Amit

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:55:31 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Amit,
>
> > I am working over SDP layer & i want to suport multiple profile over rfcomm.
> >
> > I want to know how I can implement the following situation.
> >
> > Already there is one rfcomm (ACL) connection with the remote device by
> > a profile .Other profile wants to make sdp session with the same
> > device.How can we send query request over the l2cap chanel?
> >
> > If so, wat will happen after if sdp sends a disconnect request after query?
>
> this simply works. The kernel is able to handle multiple L2CAP and
> RFCOMM connections without any problems.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Amit,