2005-02-04 16:54:33

by Flávio

Subject: [Bluez-devel] psm-need help!

Hi
i know this is a simples question but i don know what is "psm" !
i saw some code examples and the psm seems to be used like "port" in tpc/ip!
To make a conection between 2 terminals with socket, the server must
have bind with the same psm that the client use to connect? (or else
no connection is made?)

Thanks for the help!

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] psm-need help!

Hi Marcel,

sorry, you are right. I always mix up PSM and SCN . There are too many
places where you have "channels" .......

I hope I did not confuse anybody to much.

Ciao,
Peter

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > PSM (protocol service multiplexer) is defined in RFCOMM. Basically it is
> > the channel two RFCOMM devices use to communicate. You may have more then
> > one RFCOMM channel on different PSMs between two Bluetooth devices.
> > Normaly the PSM needed to connect to a remote RFCOMM channel is found by
> > an SDP search (it is part of the service record).
>
> let me correct this. The PSM is part of the L2CAP and not RFCOMM. The
> ports (if you wanna name it so) of L2CAP are called PSM. All of them are
> odd and they exists reserved ones. Details are in the specification. In
> RFCOMM it is called DLCI (with direction bit) or channels for short.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Peter,

> PSM (protocol service multiplexer) is defined in RFCOMM. Basically it is
> the channel two RFCOMM devices use to communicate. You may have more then
> one RFCOMM channel on different PSMs between two Bluetooth devices.
> Normaly the PSM needed to connect to a remote RFCOMM channel is found by
> an SDP search (it is part of the service record).

let me correct this. The PSM is part of the L2CAP and not RFCOMM. The
ports (if you wanna name it so) of L2CAP are called PSM. All of them are
odd and they exists reserved ones. Details are in the specification. In
RFCOMM it is called DLCI (with direction bit) or channels for short.

Regards

Marcel

by Peter Wippich

Hi,

PSM (protocol service multiplexer) is defined in RFCOMM. Basically it is
the channel two RFCOMM devices use to communicate. You may have more then
one RFCOMM channel on different PSMs between two Bluetooth devices.
Normaly the PSM needed to connect to a remote RFCOMM channel is found by
an SDP search (it is part of the service record).

Hope this helps. If not, RTFM......

Ciao,

Peter