2005-02-20 15:34:45

by Mike Lee

Subject: [Bluez-devel] About new hardware testing

Dear All
I am now testing new hardware in ARM9 platform with CSR bluetooth
module. After i hciattach with 921600 baud rate, I can see the Build
ID of CSR. But when i use hciconfig, i can not see any device.
Could anybody suggest me a way to find out the hardware error. Is
there any debug version of bluez util?

Thank a lot
best regard

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] About new hardware testing

Hi Mike,

> > I remember we initialy had a problem to get the right default pass for
> > hcid.conf when cross compiling.
> I will try this
> > Does "hciconfig hci0 up" work ??
> Because i do not get any info from hciconfig. I can not "up" the device.
> >
> > I use
> > hciattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 115200 csr 921600 flow
> > to attach the bluetooth device (CSR with HCI connected to an ARM).
>
> My script is like that hciattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 921600 csr 921600
> flow. But it works on my development board, so i don't think it is the
> problem.

I think you should add a lot of printf to the hciattach to see where it
fails. If the hci0 device is not created (hciconfig shows nothing) then
the line discipline of ttyS1 is never changed to HCI.

Regards

Marcel

by Mike Lee

Dear Peter

> I remember we initialy had a problem to get the right default pass for
> hcid.conf when cross compiling.
I will try this
> Does "hciconfig hci0 up" work ??
Because i do not get any info from hciconfig. I can not "up" the device.

> I use
> hciattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 115200 csr 921600 flow
> to attach the bluetooth device (CSR with HCI connected to an ARM).

My script is like that hciattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 921600 csr 921600
flow. But it works on my development board, so i don't think it is the
problem.

Thanks for helping

best regard
Mike,Lee

by Peter Wippich

Hi Mike,

I remember we initialy had a problem to get the right default pass for
hcid.conf when cross compiling.

Try to start hcid with -f [config-file] to make sure it starts with the
right configuration file. Does "hciconfig hci0 up" work ??

I use

hciattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 115200 csr 921600 flow

to attach the bluetooth device (CSR with HCI connected to an ARM).

Hope this help,

Peter