2005-06-01 05:06:30

by durai

Subject: [Bluez-devel] UART based bluetooth dongle

Hi,
I am looking for an UART based bluetooth dongle for my project. From the
bluez features document,
I found this, http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/wavespeeds.jsp .
But this looks like a UART replacement dongle.
What I am looking is for is a bluetooth device which can support GAP,
Serial port,LAN, PAN profiles with bluez support, with
UART interface. Please help me to find one,
regards
durai

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] UART based bluetooth dongle

Durai

I have been looking for the same thing. Avantwave seems willing to sell
samples but I haven't tried ordering one yet. They haven't updated their
site yet but they have a bluecore2 module now.

http://www.avantwave.com/html/products/btr/html/btrcontent.html

I started out looking for a class 1 CSR (bluecore3/4) module to attach
to a gumstix board's uart. As Marcel pointed out, the bc04 can run
faster than the uart can, so it's probably overkill.

Brad

Durai wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for an UART based bluetooth dongle for my project. From the
> bluez features document,
> I found this, http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/wavespeeds.jsp .
> But this looks like a UART replacement dongle.
> What I am looking is for is a bluetooth device which can support GAP,
> Serial port,LAN, PAN profiles with bluez support, with
> UART interface. Please help me to find one,
> regards
> durai

by Peter Wippich

Hello Durai,

beside the various development systems most (or all ??) serial Bluetooth
Dongles out there are intended for cable replacement and include an upper
layer stack and SPP profile. However, most of them (I think) can be
flashed with a HCI only firmware. But normaly only by the manufacturer.

I don't want to post any advertising here, but may be we can help you.
Please contact me directly if needed.

Best regards,

Peter

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Durai wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for an UART based bluetooth dongle for my project. From the
> bluez features document,
> I found this, http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/wavespeeds.jsp .
> But this looks like a UART replacement dongle.
> What I am looking is for is a bluetooth device which can support GAP,
> Serial port,LAN, PAN profiles with bluez support, with
> UART interface. Please help me to find one,
> regards
> durai

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |