2005-06-02 12:18:01

by Gabriel Marques

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: UART based bluetooth dongle

I'm using Brainboxes' BL642, wich works fine with bluez.
It provides only the HCI layer (H4), so the rest can be implemented as
you wish.
I've bought it at Emulation Technology for U$263,00, its expensive, but
I needed it for a special purpose.
The contact was [email protected].

One more thing, does anyone heard about an RFCOMM imlementation in Java?
I'm developping some apps. for transferring files from a Set-top-box to
a cell phone.
The STB runs JavaTV, with no BT stack implementation (no BT hardware
too), but I'm managing to attach the serial BT dongle to it and run the
JavaBluetooth (javabluetooth.org) stack over it. Currently I'm runing
the JavaBT on a PC, but the RFCOMM and other high-level layers were not
implemented on this stack, but as it supports L2CAP I just need one more
layer :)

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: UART based bluetooth dongle

Hi Gabriel,

why don't you use a serial BT dongle with integrated RFC Stack.
Implementing RFC in Java won't be trivial, I think. And it would also be
very slow.

(BTW: not the appropriate mailing list....)

Ciao,

Peter

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Gabriel Marques wrote:

> I'm using Brainboxes' BL642, wich works fine with bluez.
> It provides only the HCI layer (H4), so the rest can be implemented as
> you wish.
> I've bought it at Emulation Technology for U$263,00, its expensive, but
> I needed it for a special purpose.
> The contact was [email protected].
>
> One more thing, does anyone heard about an RFCOMM imlementation in Java?
> I'm developping some apps. for transferring files from a Set-top-box to
> a cell phone.
> The STB runs JavaTV, with no BT stack implementation (no BT hardware
> too), but I'm managing to attach the serial BT dongle to it and run the
> JavaBluetooth (javabluetooth.org) stack over it. Currently I'm runing
> the JavaBT on a PC, but the RFCOMM and other high-level layers were not
> implemented on this stack, but as it supports L2CAP I just need one more
> layer :)

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |