2005-06-03 13:34:20

by Gabriel Marques

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: UART based bluetooth dongle

Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion, but one of the project requirements
is that the SDP, L2CAP and part of the RFCOMM would be available to the
Java applications (accordingly to JSR82).
I'm not sure if that is possible with dongles with integrated RFCOMM,
those are serial cables replacements right?
I think it would be hard to talk to one of those in a cell phone midlet.

And sorry if that is not the appropriate list, but ive already tryed to
post this question at 'Sun Java Forums - Bluetooth' and at
'Bluetooth.org - RFCOMM' with no answers.
Do you know any forum that can help me on this?

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: UART based bluetooth dongle

Guys,

fwiw, I just ordered two class 1 module samples from
avantwave/auto-system and I'll let you know how it goes. (they offer
several firmware options including the h4 hci interface i asked for)

brad

Peter Wippich wrote:
> Hi Gabriel,
>
> if you realy need access to L2CAP / SDP and RFCOMM (I don't have any idea
> wy you need L2CAP access ....) you should look at CSR based devices and
> use their DevKits for host applications (its not relay cheap...). This
> will give you access to all layers. You may also use an OnChip application
> and only implement access to the realy required funtions.
>
> I don't know if similar DevKits are available from other Chip vendors
> (e.g. Zeevo).
>
> Ciao,
>
> Peter
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Gabriel Marques wrote:
>

>>Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion, but one of the project requirements
>>is that the SDP, L2CAP and part of the RFCOMM would be available to the
>>Java applications (accordingly to JSR82).
>>I'm not sure if that is possible with dongles with integrated RFCOMM,
>>those are serial cables replacements right?
>>I think it would be hard to talk to one of those in a cell phone midlet.
>>
>>And sorry if that is not the appropriate list, but ive already tryed to
>>post this question at 'Sun Java Forums - Bluetooth' and at
>>'Bluetooth.org - RFCOMM' with no answers.
>>Do you know any forum that can help me on this?

> | Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
> | G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
> | Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
> | D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Peter Wippich