2005-07-26 08:30:00

by 宁 宁

Subject: [Bluez-devel] How can I set CSR module as PCM master?

Hi,
I want to transmit voice data through CSR modules so
that I can talk with others using speaker and
microphone.And I connecte a C145483 Codec throught PCM
interface .But unfortunately,CSR module doesn't send
the PCM clock and sync,so the Codec doesn't work.And
now, I know that when the CSR module is set as a PCM
master it will send the PCM clock. However ,I don't
know how to do that. I can change the PCM mapping
using pskey just like this:
$ pskey -i hci0 mapsco 0
$ hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 4A:49:4E:00:15:2F ACL MTU: 384:4
SCO MTU: 64:8
Build 705
Chip version: BlueCore02-External
Max key size: 56 bit
SCO mapping: HCI
So, what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

gadfly

by Steven Singer

Peter Wippich wrote:
> you have to set PSKEY PCM_CONFIG32. It is described in the CSR data
> sheets.

And the default is PCM master.

In fact, the default PS key settings are for a Motorola MC145483 codec -
precisely the code you're using - as that's what we use on the Casira
motherboards. You shouldn't need to change any of the detailed settings.

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, 宁 宁 wrote:
>> $ pskey -i hci0 mapsco 0
>> $ hciconfig hci0 revision
>> hci0: Type: UART
>> BD Address: 4A:49:4E:00:15:2F ACL MTU: 384:4
>> SCO MTU: 64:8
>> Build 705
>> Chip version: BlueCore02-External
>> Max key size: 56 bit
>> SCO mapping: HCI

Surely you want SCO mapping: PCM. I'm guessing that means using pskey
to set mapsco 1 (strictly, you want to set PSKEY_HOSTIO_MAP_SCO_PCM to
1) and rebooting (PS key changes take effect only at reboot).

These sorts of detailed technical questions about CSR products
specifically might be best asked on our technical newsgroups at
news.csr.com. See http://www.csr.com/forum.htm for details.

- Steven

the system manager.

by Peter Wippich

Hi,

you have to set PSKEY PCM_CONFIG32. It is described in the CSR data
sheets.

Ciao,

Peter

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, [gb2312] =C4=FE =C4=FE wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to transmit voice data through CSR modules so
> that I can talk with others using speaker and
> microphone.And I connecte a C145483 Codec throught PCM
> interface .But unfortunately,CSR module doesn't send
> the PCM clock and sync,so the Codec doesn't work.And
> now, I know that when the CSR module is set as a PCM
> master it will send the PCM clock. However ,I don't
> know how to do that. I can change the PCM mapping
> using pskey just like this:
> $ pskey -i hci0 mapsco 0
> $ hciconfig hci0 revision
> hci0: Type: UART
> BD Address: 4A:49:4E:00:15:2F ACL MTU: 384:4
> SCO MTU: 64:8
> Build 705
> Chip version: BlueCore02-External
> Max key size: 56 bit
> SCO mapping: HCI
> So, what can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> gadfly

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |