2005-08-21 21:56:02

by Guylhem Aznar

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Rescuing a WML C09 AHR by SPI

Hello

I have a problem with a WML C09 AHR bluetooth module purchased from
Segor Germany.

The problem is similar to:
http://www.handhelds.org/hypermail/familiar/132/13253.html

I had a kernel panic while issuing commands to the module (I'm working
on some MMC stuff hooked to the same serial port, but to
DSR/DRT/RI/DCD lines and my stuff is not that stable)

Result: I could only write 1f9 0001 - I couldn't do the 191 part.

I tried the recommanded rescue mode from CSR forums:
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=3Dcache:XnYWRYWUhSsJ:www.csr.com/ubb/Forum2/=
HTML/000185.html+pskey+csr+but&hl=3Dfr&client=3Dfirefox-a

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I would like to try to rescue the chip
via its SPI port since it is easily accessible.

My problem is I don't know how to do that (any link is appreciated) on
both the hardware side and the software side (!)

Maybe someone can help?

If that's not possible, any suggestion to purchase a new bluetooth
module (ideally with UART/USB/PCM/SPI ports and an integrated antenna)

Guylhem

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20
*@externe.net http://externe.n=
et
P=E9rim=E9/Deprecated: @oeil.qc.ca, @metalab.unc.edu, @ibiblio.org, @7=
un.org
GPG: 92EB37C1 DD11C9C9 20519D01 E8FA1B11 42975AF7 http://externe.net/pubk=
ey

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] investiganting why bt-alsa not working

Hi,

Still I am investigating because homologated equipment pparently is not=20
works.=20
# hciconfig hci0 revison | HCI
HCI 17.11
SCO mapping: HCI

HS is Plantronics M2500.=20

# modproble snd_bt_sco=20
Aug 22 10:21:00 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco revision 1.6 $
Aug 22 10:21:00 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: snd-bt-scod thread starting

# btsco -v 00:03:89:AA:AA:AA
btsco v0.4c
Device is 2:0
Voice setting: 0x0060
RFCOMM channel 1 connected

# aplay -l=20
card 0: I82801CAICH3 [Intel 82801CA-ICH3], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel 828=
01CA-ICH3]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Modem [Intel 82801CA-ICH3 Modem], device 0: Intel ICH - Modem [In=
tel 82801CA-ICH3 Modem - Modem]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Headset [BT Headset], device 0: Bluetooth SCO PCM [BT SCO PCM]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

If I try run aplay or xmms:
Aug 22 10:21:00 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: snd-bt-scod thread starting
Aug 22 10:24:47 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: playback_open
Aug 22 10:24:47 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: prepare ok bps: 16000 size:=
8000 count: 800
Aug 22 10:24:47 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: playback_trigger 1
Aug 22 10:24:47 localhost kernel: snd-bt-sco: setting playback to bspcm

A have sound for 2 sec and freeze or no sound.=20

I suspect this is ACPI issue (my nb is one sony vaio 2.6.12-mh1 with cvs=20
bluez and bt-alsa), but I don=B4t see how check it.=20

Thanks for ant hints,

./nelson -murilo

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Rescuing a WML C09 AHR by SPI

Hi,

a hardware interface can be found on

http://www.gw-instruments.de/tmp/

but I'm not aware of any free tools which can replace the CSR software
needed.

Ciao,

Peter

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Guylhem,
>
> > I have a problem with a WML C09 AHR bluetooth module purchased from
> > Segor Germany.
> >
> > The problem is similar to:
> > http://www.handhelds.org/hypermail/familiar/132/13253.html
> >
> > I had a kernel panic while issuing commands to the module (I'm working
> > on some MMC stuff hooked to the same serial port, but to
> > DSR/DRT/RI/DCD lines and my stuff is not that stable)
> >
> > Result: I could only write 1f9 0001 - I couldn't do the 191 part.
> >
> > I tried the recommanded rescue mode from CSR forums:
> > http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:XnYWRYWUhSsJ:www.csr.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000185.html+pskey+csr+but&hl=fr&client=firefox-a
> >
> > Unfortunately, it didn't work. I would like to try to rescue the chip
> > via its SPI port since it is easily accessible.
> >
> > My problem is I don't know how to do that (any link is appreciated) on
> > both the hardware side and the software side (!)
> >
> > Maybe someone can help?
>
> the CSR guys told me that sometimes the only way is to use their
> BlueFlash tool (for Windows) and fully erase the flash and start over
> with a new boot loader and a new firmware image.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Guylhem,

On Monday, 22 August 2005 at 13:23:06 (+0200), Peter Wippich wrote:
> but I'm not aware of any free tools which can replace the CSR software
> needed.

> > the CSR guys told me that sometimes the only way is to use their
> > BlueFlash tool (for Windows) and fully erase the flash and start over
> > with a new boot loader and a new firmware image.

Hmm - I have neither the software nor the hardware, and I realize it
will be quite hard to find someone having them in my area.

I purchased 2 WML AHR C09 from Segor - the first one I killed, and the
2nd one seems to have an hardware problem (and I can=B4t find the bill
to have it repaired). I'd be happy to have at least one working... it
just needs to be set to use "BCSP over UART" by SPI to be brought back
to life.

:-(

So if someone here has a SPI cable and BlueFlash, and if he/she can
spend 5 minutes to help, please contact me by email offlist - guylhem
at gmail dot com