2005-11-15 15:11:17

by Matthieu CASTET

Subject: [Bluez-devel] uart driver

Hi,

I have a uart driver that use non-standard read/write and can't be used by
the hci_ldisc.c driver.
A hack was done in the hci_ldisc.c driver to use these non-standard
read/write functions and remove all the tty stuff.

I want to clean it and write a standard uart driver for 2.6.

But I don't know how to write it and what callbacks are needed.

I look some example in driver/serial, but I don't how to implement all the
uart_ops callback and which are needed/optional.

Have you got some pointers for how to write uart driver or an example uart
driver that is not too complex?

Thanks,

Matthieu

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] uart driver

Hi Marcel,

thank you for this information. I'll update the driver as soon as I find
some free time.

Ciao,

Peter

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > you may use the PCMCIA card driver (btuart_cs) as a base and remove all
> > the PCMCIA specific stuff. Than modify the UART access for your hardware.
> >
> > You may also use our PCI driver and removed all PCI specific stuff.
> > this is based on the PCMCIA driver as well.
> > The attached version is for 2.6.x. For 2.4.x you can find one on our
> > website.
>
> it will break on the latest 2.6 kernel, because the skb->pkt_type field
> is no longer used.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Matthieu,

> I have a uart driver that use non-standard read/write and can't be used by
> the hci_ldisc.c driver.
> A hack was done in the hci_ldisc.c driver to use these non-standard
> read/write functions and remove all the tty stuff.
>
> I want to clean it and write a standard uart driver for 2.6.
>
> But I don't know how to write it and what callbacks are needed.
>
> I look some example in driver/serial, but I don't how to implement all the
> uart_ops callback and which are needed/optional.
>
> Have you got some pointers for how to write uart driver or an example uart
> driver that is not too complex?

send in more details what this driver is about.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Peter,

> you may use the PCMCIA card driver (btuart_cs) as a base and remove all
> the PCMCIA specific stuff. Than modify the UART access for your hardware.
>
> You may also use our PCI driver and removed all PCI specific stuff.
> this is based on the PCMCIA driver as well.
> The attached version is for 2.6.x. For 2.4.x you can find one on our
> website.

it will break on the latest 2.6 kernel, because the skb->pkt_type field
is no longer used.

Regards

Marcel

by Peter Wippich

Hi Mattieu,

you may use the PCMCIA card driver (btuart_cs) as a base and remove all
the PCMCIA specific stuff. Than modify the UART access for your hardware.

You may also use our PCI driver and removed all PCI specific stuff.
this is based on the PCMCIA driver as well.
The attached version is for 2.6.x. For 2.4.x you can find one on our
website.

Good luck,

Peter