2006-02-07 17:44:29

by Brad Midgley

Subject: [Bluez-devel] pci bluetooth

hey

are there any [m]pci bluetooth adapters supported by bluez? just noticed
this:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=MP54GBT2&class=com

I'm guessing the "warning" that it's only for their laptops is probably
because they don't want to deliver drivers for everyone else. If done
right, would it show up as a uart on pci that would have to be
initialized with hciattach?

Brad

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] pci bluetooth

Hi Peter,

> use a google search for "Bluetooth PCI" or contact me by mail.

I am actually looking for a mini-PCI card with an USB host controller on
it and then one (or two) Bluetooth chips attached to it.

This was the best I could find on the Internet:

http://www.interfacemasters.com/products/usb/mini_pci_3_ports/

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Brad,

> are there any [m]pci bluetooth adapters supported by bluez? just noticed
> this:
>
> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=MP54GBT2&class=com
>
> I'm guessing the "warning" that it's only for their laptops is probably
> because they don't want to deliver drivers for everyone else. If done
> right, would it show up as a uart on pci that would have to be
> initialized with hciattach?

I have one of these cards. The Bluetooth chip is attached via USB, but
the card doesn't contain an USB host controller. So it uses at least two
PIN of the mini-PCI contacts to put them through an USB host controller
of the laptop. This is why it is not working. However the WiFi part of
the card works with every laptop.

Regards

Marcel

by Peter Wippich

Hi Brad,

use a google search for "Bluetooth PCI" or contact me by mail.

Ciao,

Peter

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Brad Midgley wrote:

> hey
>
> are there any [m]pci bluetooth adapters supported by bluez? just noticed
> this:
>
> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=MP54GBT2&class=com
>
> I'm guessing the "warning" that it's only for their laptops is probably
> because they don't want to deliver drivers for everyone else. If done
> right, would it show up as a uart on pci that would have to be
> initialized with hciattach?
>
> Brad

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |