2006-03-07 15:19:11

by Götz Issel

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SIM access profile & bluez ?

Hi folks,

my aim is to use bluez and add the SIM access profile to it. I have a GSM
module via serial port that also has its own SIM card reader as well as
integrated audio-in and audio-out. The bluetooth hardware is also available
via serial port and working with bluez & utils so far. My mobile phone is
intended to be the card server, my linux machine the client.

The idea is to make the software somewhat general so that it will work with
other bt and gsm hardware.

My plan is to have an application (command line tool for now), that will be
the controller of all interactions. So it will:

- initialize the search to find suitable devices (using sdp that comes with
bluez)

- show search results and make a selection of a device possible (for the
beginning this will only be a txt file as output and input)

- check the requirements of the connection and establish it (serial profile)

- ask for sap pin exchange (16 digits), gain txt file as input replacement

- ask for sim card pin (4 digits)

Are there any design ideas from anyone? Not asking for ready made solutions.
Just wondering if the above mentioned plan is the right idea. I am not sure
where to integrate the SAP profile still.

thx,
goetz

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SIM access profile & bluez ?

Hi Goetz,

I think the main problem will be the GSM modul. Usualy they do not suppor=
remote SIM access. Have you checked this ??

Ciao,

Peter

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, G=F6tz Issel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> my aim is to use bluez and add the SIM access profile to it. I have a G=
SM
> module via serial port that also has its own SIM card reader as well as
> integrated audio-in and audio-out. The bluetooth hardware is also avail=
able
> via serial port and working with bluez & utils so far. My mobile phone =
is
> intended to be the card server, my linux machine the client.
>
> The idea is to make the software somewhat general so that it will work =
with
> other bt and gsm hardware.
>
> My plan is to have an application (command line tool for now), that wil=
l be
> the controller of all interactions. So it will:
>
> - initialize the search to find suitable devices (using sdp that comes=
with
> bluez)
>
> - show search results and make a selection of a device possible (for th=
> beginning this will only be a txt file as output and input)
>
> - check the requirements of the connection and establish it (serial pro=
file)

> - ask for sap pin exchange (16 digits), gain txt file as input replacem=
ent

> - ask for sim card pin (4 digits)
>
> Are there any design ideas from anyone? Not asking for ready made solut=
ions.
> Just wondering if the above mentioned plan is the right idea. I am not =
sure
> where to integrate the SAP profile still.
>
> thx,
> goetz

uage
> that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live we=
bcast
> and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territ=
ory!
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D110944&bid=3D241720&dat=
=3D121642

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |