2005-03-09 22:57:42

by Florian Echtler

Subject: [Bluez-devel] btsco volume commands

by Lars Grunewaldt

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] btsco volume commands

Maybe someone who has the BT specs handy can have a look how the command
style for volume changes exactly is! I don't think it would have worked
if we were using totally wrong commands, and the disfunction after
adding AT+ looks wierd.

best regards,
~ Lars

Brad Midgley wrote:
| Guys,
|
| I made the change in cvs.
|
| My ericsson headset stopped working, so I'm going to ask people to try
| out the current cvs and let me know if there are any headsets that won't
| accept volume changes prefixed with AT. I'm surprised it worked before.
|
| Florian--which headset are you using again? I remember hearing about
| this problem on the Motorola HS-801 at least.
|
| Brad
|
| Florian Echtler wrote:
|
| Hello everyone,
|
| I noticed that in btsco.c from CVS, line 465 and 470, the string
| that is to be sent to the headset seems to be lacking an "AT" prefix.
| After adding that, my headset now correctly changes its
| volume when done via alsamixer (previously, it ignored that).
|
| If desired, I can prepare a patch.
|
| Yours, Florian
| -- Preserve wildlife - pickle a squirrel today!

- --
Lars Grunewaldt
* software development
* multimedia design
skills: C/C++/Java/PHP/(X)HTML/Flash/audio/video
web: http://www.dark-reality.de
mail: [email protected]

by Florian Echtler

by Brad Midgley