2006-06-13 09:22:38

by Peter Wippich

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluez-utils-3.0 cross compile broken

Dear all,

somewhere on the road from 2.25 (last working for me) and 3.0 (not
working) the configure script for bluez utils seems to get broken if the
bluez libs are not in the standard place. Neither setting --libdir=....
nor setting environment variable BLUEZ_LIB works. The configure script
always stops because it doesn't find the BLUEZ libs (error: Bluetooth
library is required). The library is definitly where it should be.
My build script looks like this:

# configure and make bluez utils
export BLUEZ_LIB="$XPREFIX/lib"
pushd bluez/bluez-utils-3.0
./configure --prefix=$XPREFIX --host=$TARGET --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
--with-kernel=$LINUX_DIR \
--libdir=$XPREFIX/lib --includedir=$XPREFIX/include
# --sysconfdir=/etc
# --without-glib
# can't figure out how to get this right .......... so...
echo "#undef CONFIGDIR" >> config.h
echo "#define CONFIGDIR \"/etc/bluetooth\"" >> config.h
make
make install
popd

Does anybody know how to get this working again ??

Thank you and best regards,

Peter

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Peter Wippich

Hi Marcel,

> > What a pain ...... I'll stay with the older version for now ......
> > When I got some spare time I'll try to figure out how to use this stuff
> > when doing cross builds.
>
> sorry for that, but pkg-config should actually make it easier in the
> end. And a new major version is allowed to break stuff :)

It seems to be easier then expected. Just installing pkg-config, adding
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the build environment for bluez utils and rebuilding
everything seems to do the job. The build now complains about the missing
d-bus libraries, but this is a different story.....

Wouldn't be that bad if somebody can update the package dependencies in
the Readme (I know, nobody gots enough free time doing such non productive
work ;-).

Ciao,

Peter

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Peter,

> > the bluez-utils-3.0 is now using pkg-config for the library detection.
>
> What a pain ...... I'll stay with the older version for now ......
> When I got some spare time I'll try to figure out how to use this stuff
> when doing cross builds.

sorry for that, but pkg-config should actually make it easier in the
end. And a new major version is allowed to break stuff :)

Regards

Marcel

by Peter Wippich

Hi Marcel,

> the bluez-utils-3.0 is now using pkg-config for the library detection.

What a pain ...... I'll stay with the older version for now ......
When I got some spare time I'll try to figure out how to use this stuff
when doing cross builds.

Thank you,