2006-07-03 10:37:53

by Victor Andres

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Serial comunication RFCOMM

Hi. I'm a new developer of bluez API. I would like that someone say if is posible to do I want.

Is it posible to link (bluetooth) multiple devices to mi PC using Linux and Bluez stack (using multple usb-bluetooth adapter if it's necesary)?

I want link my PC with multiples (more than 7) GPS bluetooth (so I can't do it with windows stack), to receive the NMEA sentences and manipulate then (get the latitud, longitud, speed ...).

Thanks.
Best regards.

Attachments:
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Claudio Takahasi

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Serial comunication RFCOMM

Hi Victor,

The BlueZ D-Bus API provides an easy way to handle multiple local
adapters based on D-Bus paths. eg:
/org/bluez/hci0
/org/bluez/hci1

Check the dbus-api.txt file and the dbus-test python script for more
information.

BR,
Claudio.

On 7/3/06, Peter Wippich <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Victor,
>
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Victor Andres wrote:
>
> > Hi. I'm a new developer of bluez API. I would like that someone say if
> > is posible to do I want.
> >
> > Is it posible to link (bluetooth) multiple devices to mi PC using Linux
> > and Bluez stack (using multple usb-bluetooth adapter if it's necesary)?
> >
> > I want link my PC with multiples (more than 7) GPS bluetooth (so I
> > can't do it with windows stack), to receive the NMEA sentences and
> > manipulate then (get the latitud, longitud, speed ...).
>
> I don't see anything which should prevent you from doing so.
> And as far as I know BlueZ currently is the only Bluetooth Stack which
> supports multiple HCI devices.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Peter
>

> | Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
> | G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
> | Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
> | D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

Claudio Takahasi
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

by Peter Wippich