2006-08-02 16:24:27

by Frederic Danis

Subject: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm command output

Hello

I want to use rfcomm command and start a program when a connection is
made. To do this I try "rfcomm listen 0 > rfcomm.log 2>&1" but nothing
is written to rfcomm.log file. (same problem happens if I try to pipe
output to another program). Do you have any idea why I can not redirect
rfcomm output ?
Is there another way to start a program on rfcomm connection ?

Thanks

Fred

It is not by improving the oil lamp that one invents the electric bulb!
Danis Frederic PalmSource Europe
Software engineer
Mail : mailto:[email protected]

by Frederic Danis

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm command output

Hello Peter,

Peter Wippich wrote:

>Hi Fred,
>
>On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Frederic Danis wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I want to use rfcomm command and start a program when a connection is
>>made. To do this I try "rfcomm listen 0 > rfcomm.log 2>&1" but nothing
>>is written to rfcomm.log file. (same problem happens if I try to pipe
>>output to another program). Do you have any idea why I can not redirect
>>rfcomm output ?
>>Is there another way to start a program on rfcomm connection ?
>>

>You have to give a device (e.g. /dev/rfcomm0) on which you want to listen.

I understand that "rfcomm listen 0" will create /dev/rfcomm0 when a
client connects to my device, but I want to start my program (that can
use a device like /dev/rfcomm0 or /dev/ttyS0) after this creation (and
don't know how to do this in a shell).

Thanks

Fred

It is not by improving the oil lamp that one invents the electric bulb!
Danis Frederic PalmSource Europe
Software engineer
Mail : mailto:[email protected]

by Peter Wippich

Hi Fred,

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Frederic Danis wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to use rfcomm command and start a program when a connection is
> made. To do this I try "rfcomm listen 0 > rfcomm.log 2>&1" but nothing
> is written to rfcomm.log file. (same problem happens if I try to pipe
> output to another program). Do you have any idea why I can not redirect
> rfcomm output ?
> Is there another way to start a program on rfcomm connection ?

You have to give a device (e.g. /dev/rfcomm0) on which you want to listen.

Ciao,

Peter