2006-09-27 14:20:30

by Yuriy Vikulov

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Encoding of name of devices

Hello!

May be somebody knows how to get localized name of device(phone,etc)
fr example if name has been written in english it's ok
but if name has not been written in english(fro example in Russian) i get some
cahracters. may be someone can tell me encoding or a way wich can be useful?

thanks
Yuriy

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Encoding of name of devices

Hi Yuri,

Bluetooth device Names are encoded as UTF8. So you need UTF8 support on
your system (most have).

Ciao,

Peter

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Yuriy Vikulov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> May be somebody knows how to get localized name of device(phone,etc)
> fr example if name has been written in english it's ok
> but if name has not been written in english(fro example in Russian) i get some
> cahracters. may be someone can tell me encoding or a way wich can be useful?
>
> thanks
> Yuriy

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |