2005-09-20 13:05:29

by Andrea Carlevato

Subject: [Bluez-devel] How inquiry to a custo IAC code ?

Hello,
i ve set a bluetooth dongle to a custom iac code via:
"hciconfig hci0 iac 0x9e8b17"
,and correctly it is not detected anymore by standard inquiry.

My question is: how can i ask another dongle to inquiry to that iac ?
I ve tried setting this dongle with the same "hciconfig hci0 iac 0x9e8b17"
but it still inquiries to the standard IAC.

can someone help me ?

thanks a lot

Attachments:
(No filename) (381.00 B)
(No filename) (449.00 B)

by Stephen Crane

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] How inquiry to a custo IAC code ?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 03:05:29PM +0200, Andrea Carlevato wrote:
> Hello,
> i ve set a bluetooth dongle to a custom iac code via:
> "hciconfig hci0 iac 0x9e8b17"
> ,and correctly it is not detected anymore by standard inquiry.
>
> My question is: how can i ask another dongle to inquiry to that iac ?
> I ve tried setting this dongle with the same "hciconfig hci0 iac 0x9e8b17"
> but it still inquiries to the standard IAC.

Hmmm, interesting. I would have thought this would be a parameter to
hcitool inq but it doesn't seem to support that. (Send in a patch: all
you need to do is pass the IAC value as the lap parameter to hci_inquiry().)

Steve