2004-12-09 16:29:36

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-devel] libs upgrading

Hi,
I've installed bluez-libs-2.12 and bluez-utils-2.12 on a kernel version
2.6.9 (bluez support) (fedora core3 distribution). I have seen that the
installation has placed .h files at /usr/include/bluetooth, but the
libraries all arround. So now I guess I have different versions of -for
example- bluetooth.h file, and maybe problems?
So, do I have to uninstall before upgrading ?

Thanks.
Be sure I'm trying hard to stop doing these unclever questions..

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] libs upgrading

Hi,

> I've installed bluez-libs-2.12 and bluez-utils-2.12 on a kernel version
> 2.6.9 (bluez support) (fedora core3 distribution). I have seen that the
> installation has placed .h files at /usr/include/bluetooth, but the
> libraries all arround. So now I guess I have different versions of -for
> example- bluetooth.h file, and maybe problems?

I never heard of any weird installations of the Bluetooth library and
Fedora Core 3 should be clean, because their version should be 2.10 or
so.

> So, do I have to uninstall before upgrading ?

Maybe that is a good idea. Or you try to find an already built RPM for
bluez-{libs|utils}-2.12.

Regards

Marcel